Monday, December 29, 2008

Brothers


My boys are so fun to watch and listen to..."J" was never meant to be an only child. When we told him that we were going to have Mr. C , he was so excited for a sibling.
Now fast forward to Mr. C one year old and "J" five, with such an age difference and very different personalities they are buddies and it is very obvious they care so much for each other. Today, while I was busy taking down Christmas I heard something similar to this: " 'C' I am so glad you are my little 'brover...I sure love you,'" "J" said as they were playing happily giggling on the floor playing with Mr. C's new ball. Even if they are on different levels of development and ages they can play together or they can play with separate things in the same room and just really enjoy each other's company. These things are such joys to my heart! To see my two boys such buddies and to see "J" so thoughtful and kind to his younger brother, it makes me so happy as a mom! I love how "J" treats Mr. C and I love how Mr. C looks so lovingly and happily at his older brother.
I am not bragging as a mother as if it is something I have taught but just sharing with you the quality of spirits I have been given to my care... it is nothing from me, they have always just had a sweetness about them. I am so thankful kindness is an expression in my home right now, I am so keeping my fingers crossed that it will continue!



I love how they are both reaching out happily for each other in this pic as they go to hug!



Rubbing noses!




"J" teaching Mr. C how to pass.

5 comments:

Sherrie said...

That is so sweet. Our boys enjoy each other as well even though there is about 6 years in between them...they are hilarious to watch. Boys are awesome!

Audrey said...

I too am a boy lover! I think they are so stinken funny and most the time sweet. Your oldest sounds a lot like my oldest (most the time) and I really think that it is good to get a kind hearted, easy going, nice child in the beginning to set the tone for the others. I say that but watch this little lady be a complete devil!
Ya know, the little bit longer distance might be the way to go too... then they aren't in competitive stage and always has to be bigger, the winner, and the best. That is what we are experiencing lately....UGH!
Fun post and I think you sound like the best little mommy!

Shannon and Doug said...

Holly!! Thank you for all your kind words. I just loved reading your comment. ;) I also really really enjoyed looking at your Christmas post! It is hard to be in a new place during the holiday! (I have done it many times over the past 5 years.) But it looks like you really made the best of it! I love that you had the sister missionaries over. You are such an example to me! I never thought I would draw closer to someone through a blog! I love seeing you sweet boys and Mr.C is getting so big! What cute guys you have. I think it is so wonderful that your children bring you such joy. But I do have to say that I think they DO get their sweet spirits partly from you and your hubby! You guys are great people! Happy Holidays!

Kim said...

Such cute pictures! I love that they both are on a 4 wheeler. We thought about getting Landon one for Christmas but were too nervous...maybe we should have:)

I bet that your oldest is a great help since he is a little bit older.

Happy New Year...oh and yes, boys are the best. I totally feel like I'll only have boys.

21st Century Homemaker said...

Oh I love it! My girls have a love hate relationship right now. They have fun together but bicker so much!!! Isn't it cute to see their relationship to develop?