OK so I have heard stories but yet to have experienced it. Mom always said and Angie too that as kids get closer to Christmas they start seeing other things and change their minds... WELL it happened here! : ( I know, I know you are thinking that "J" will change his mind again BUT he has been talking about it for two weeks now and mentioned it before Thanksgiving but Santa's sleigh had been filling up before that. Hubby has a tender heart for his little kiddo's wishes and dreams and he decided to start searching during Thanksgiving. To our dismay he discovered these $19.00 ships are sold out everywhere and going for more than they were worth on ebay, even triple the cost. So we pushed on and purchased other things. Since then he has been asking for this one ship in particular EVERY single day.
So on our hour and a half drive yesterday, to approve our kitchen cabinets, our conversation went something like this: "Mom I really really want the yellow Anakin Skywalker Starfighter." And then I say, "Well put it on your Easter basket list." That has always been a cure all for his wishes, I have him make lists, soon he forgets about most of them and moves on to bigger and better stuff. This time he persisted and I say "Well honey dad has been looking for it and no one can find it, so it will have to wait until Easter when they come back to the stores." Then he says "Don't worry mom, Santa will find it." (Sigh and a BIG FAT UGGGG!) Then I respond "but I think Santa's sleigh is packed for you bud." "Well mom, he can still switch stuff," as if I was so clueless as to how Santa works!
So today I got on the computer, thinking if I find it that is exactly what I will do, switch stuff. We already have him a Starfighter, we can take that one back tomorrow at Toys'R US and get this one IF I can find it, IF! My current mode of shopping is on the computer, since I now live in rural USA. I searched and search. I even went to ebay and they had one, and it was going for $30+ and I am not going to ever pay that much for one of those ships not even if it meant he didn't get what he really wanted, a little of my Aunt Ruby's blood coming out in me. Finally I was giving up all hope and I returned to ebay one last time to type in the search again but this time I changed the description for the search and I found 4!!! One was a "Buy it now" and it was for under the $19 price and shipping was sooo cheap! I purchased it right away and had to double check myself to make sure I got the right thing! What a Christmas Save! Now I just hope it doesn't get lost in the mail! (by the way this is not an advertisement for ebay).
I know this may seem silly in the grand scheme of things but it is a big deal to my little guy and so it is a big deal to me!
Exhibit A: The Culprit of Christmas Stress! AKA Red Rider Bee-Bee Gun ; )
Anakin's yellow Starfighter!







8 comments:
Way to go!!! I love it when i get a good deal...and it sounds like you shouldn't have gotten one.
He'll be so excited on Christmas morning. Don't you love online shopping; I price check the different stores before I grocery shop so that I can go to where the best deals are & not hop all over town.
Good for you! There is something about these little kids that make you want to make everything perfect for them. J will love it.
That is so funny! I totally feel your pain.
Way to go! You have one lucky little guy!
Happy day! It's always so nice to actually fulfill the kid's wish list. He'll be so excited on Christmas morning.
My kids were really easy this year except for Kaleb who decided he needs a dog for Christmas...poor kid, I'm pretty sure Santa's not bringing that one. :)
Yes, Virginia, there really is a Santa Claus...
Hey Holly, Hope you had a great Birthday, we were thinking about you! Love ya!
You are so funny! I know how that goes. You want them to believe in Santa and not be disappointed. I think you are a great mom and you need to journal that experience for when he gets older....make him feel guilty :)jk
Post a Comment