Friday, December 26, 2008

Twas the Day After Christmas...

Twas the Day After Christmas and this girl is still in her jammies!! Ahhhh(sigh, sigh)....I am soooo tired but so blessed and so happy! We had a lot of fun and I feel seriously so blessed and yes as you can imagine my sweet hubby and boys spoiled me!
Our Christmas was a unique new adventure as we celebrated our first away from the "Land of Milk and Honey" and our dear dear extended family on both sides. We invited the Sister Missionaries to our little country celebration and their sweet spirits added such a finishing touch on a new kind of Christmas for our family. We made certain some traditions from our extended family Christmas happened and we made new ones happen as well. One large stretch from the old traditional Christmas was the Christmas feast...turkey and Christmas ham were not found on our table...rib eyes and shrimp filled our bellies and the sister missionaries too! After a large breakfast and a large dinner I was so tired from cooking unwrapping presents and doing dishes I didn't mind at all the quiet once the kids had gone to bed and the sisters had left for their apartment. Hubby and I finished off the night by snuggling on the couch, the soft Christmas lights setting the Christmasy mood, and the movie White Christmas.
What a Christmas! What memories and when it is all said and done at the end of the day, I had a wonderful Christmas because I had forgotten myself and served others and wanted happiness for others. As I reflect on the events of the month I find myself so blessed at the different true spirit of Christmas experiences that have made this Season in this new area so special and monumental to our little family. Hubby and I have been told in interviews by a stake president and priesthood blessings that we have been called to serve a mission in a unique way here and we truly believe this and anyone that tells us otherwise will be shot down flat!

I hope each of you have had such a wonderful Christmas, and know of our love for each of you. May you have health, happiness and prosperity but most importantly may you have the blessings of the love the Savior. May you know of the truthfulness of the gospel of Jesus Christ and may you never let anyone or anything convince you otherwise.

Enjoy a few of my favorite pictures of our fun!




One of my favorite photos of my little bug!
EVERYTHING goes in his mouth-EVERYTHING-but this time he scored and got something good!


"J" was so excited! Christmas is so much fun with kids! Hubby and I just love being parents, especially to these awesome boys!

Yes, this was on Christmas Eve otherwise our presents wouldn't have lasted wrapped that long because of Mr. Mischief!


These beautiful, sweet girls were such an added joy to our holiday celebration. We picked out small gifts for them and thought that we were so clever to surprise them with gifts. The thought never crossed our minds they would get us a gift too...let alone such a special, priceless gift that will be added to our family Christmas memories forever...


Here it is a glass Christmas Ornament hand made by a craftsman in our town, marking our first Christmas here. JUST PRICELESS! Thank you Sisters!

Thanks to all that sent such wonderful cards, wishes and presents to us! We love you all!

3 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

It sounds like you had a wonderful Christmas! I love that you had the missionaries over. When we lived in Texas away from family we would have the missionaries over for Thanksgiving and Christmas too, and you are so right that it adds a special spirit to the day. What wonderful memories you'll have. I know what you mean about being soooo tired from cooking and cleaning and wrapping and unwrapping! I spent the day in my sweats hanging out on the couch being lazy and loving it! Oh, and I'm so excited about being a winner! Thanks so much for the fun stuff you do on your blog. :)

mickelsenfamily said...

Looks like you had a great time! You're so good to have the Missionaries over. We were always so thankful when families would take us in on the holidays. It made things so much better. Merry Christmas and Happy new year!

Kim said...

I had a few posts to catch up on. I love that you made friends your family during the holiday. All the pictures were adorable & it looked like your kids had a special day.

Happy New Years!!!!