Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Winter Wonderland

Well if Santa needs a white Christmas to get his sleigh here, we have it! It snowed and the wind blew, we had ourselves a mini-blizzard last night. J woke up and was ready, oh so ready, to run and play in the snow. He comes in only long enough to warm up and go back out! When I was little I too loved playing in the snow and have many great memories with my siblings of sledding and playing on the farm in the "Land of Milk and Honey." I am so glad that just maybe my kids will get to experience that same old country life of snow and fun!


J started with a snow angel and then worked on making a mess of the new fallen snow...


Bundled like the poor kid off Christmas Story!

Little ole' me in the Land of "Milk and Honey" proudly standing by my snowman! Oh what fun!


Dad on Poe (short for his papered name) taking us through the white and drifted snow...via sleigh...with a lasso tied to the saddle horn of his saddle! It was so much fun and a wonderful memory. Dad always had the greatest ideas that made some of funnest childhood memories!

7 comments:

Maegan said...

Jax loves the snow, and so does Ella. She was fascinated with it! Hey, I tagged ya. Check out my blog for details.

Sherrie said...

How fun! I got into serious trouble one year when I tied my lasso to my horses saddlehorn and was pulling my little brothers around. My dad so what I was doing, and was so worried that I'd get tangled up in the rope or something! But hey! It looks like I wasn't the only one with the great idea!

Nancy Niederer said...

I think I had that same snow suit, except in blue, with the furry hood and everything! Too bad our boys couldn't play in the snow together! I hope you can come see us when Jay is out of town!

Kim said...

Jaden been outside playing in the tiny amount of snow that we recieved and he loves it.

It's nice when they get outside & get a little bit of there energy out.

Thanks for sharing the memories too:)

Brittney said...

Too cute to see a picture of you as a little one. I agree that there was nothing better than living in the country and playing in the snow as a child. It makes me sad sometimes that my kids don't ever get to experience those things. We had some snow flurries last year and my kids thought they were in heaven. Sadly it didn't stay on the ground for more than a couple hours and that was it for the entire year. Maybe someday we will live somewhere it snows. However, I personally love the warmer weather all year round here. I've become a wimp about the cold.

Brittney said...

totally unrelated to the post but I am addressing Christmas cards and can't find yours (I know you sent it but I can't find it in the email). Anyway, would you mind sending it again: brittneycheek1@yahoo.com

Thanks!

jakeniederer said...

I'm pretty sure that it was me on the slay behind the horse because Holly coudln't ever stay on.....