Friday, December 19, 2008

In the famous words of the Griswald's...

"It's a BEAUT Clark!" Here is our Christmas tree finally!
It has taken 3 days and several tears and new purchases in order to complete.


"J" mounting upon hubby's shoulders...looks like "J" has a death grip on hubby's neck! Great choke hold son! So we started decorating Tuesday night...

"J" always helps with the placing of the star, except we usually have a taller tree and we have to use our ladder which he seems to prefer over hubby's shoulders.
He was really nervous to let go and place the star.


Still nervous...OK just freaking out a little...

Much better but by then hubby had lost all patience, I think his shoulders were tired of holding a 60+ pound screaming and freaking out 5 year old...all in the name of tradition! Hey at least we have some fabulous pics we can laugh about one day!

Time for the ribbon around the tree, "J" really took charge and helped with everything. He didn't mind the helping once his feet were back on the ground!


Here is the sad part...notice the lament floor in the pic ( : ( ) I HATE LAMENT FLOORING!!!! As soon as we started putting on the glass balls that have been a part of our Christmas trees for over 6 years as usual some would fall off if not fastened properly... no problem with carpet below but with this awful floor each ball crash splatted into a million pieces! Many of them old and with memories! I was so sad but more mad...at myself for not thinking that the hard floor below would be a nightmare for the glass bulbs. We hurried to grab the remaining ones off and put them away....off to purchase all new "shatter-proof" balls the next day.

So finally Thurday night we got her all decorated lights on...Mr. C in bed so he can't destrub it yet...Auhhh...it is Christmasy beautiful....let the Christmas story reading and Christmas movie watching snuggling next to our REAL Christmas tree memories begin!

One last pic, of my holiday decorating...my holiday houses...finished that last night too...only took me 2 weeks to finish!

4 comments:

21st Century Homemaker said...

I love it! You are so good at decorating. I love the ribbon in it. I wish you were still here so I could hire you!

mickelsenfamily said...

How pretty. Love the tree. Sorry about the glass balls. I hate when things break that have such special meaning. J did a great job with the star.

Kim said...

I would have never thought of those problems with the decorations & the floors. How frustrating.

I love your hubbys red face from lack of air. Those are priceless.

Congrats to your sister!!!

Becca's Blog said...

Your Christmas Tree looks perfect! You have a nack for decorating and it really looks so pretty. I know what you mean about glass balls shattering everywhere! We've had several fall on the tile by the fireplace.... and the lamanite flooring in the entry way. Merry Christmas to you and your sweet family!