Even though the wind was blowing as hard as it does in Hamer we pressed on and had our Branch Bar-B-Q. Jay had to keep relighting the Bar-B-Q's light every 5 minutes but we beat the weather and pressed on with our Branch Family Home Evening. Tina, my mission comp's daughter, worked really hard and called every inactive on the Branch list and we got out 2 of 20 inactive members but we were all so glad to have the 2, 2 is a great start!
Jay has recently been humbled by receiving a call to the Branch Presidency. He is the 2nd Counselor and Branch Clerk. We both met with the Stake President and had an amazing interview and during his setting apart he received some amazing blessings through his church service. I am so thankful for Jay and his willingness to serve at this time in our lives and to be an active priesthood member in the Branch. He has been called upon to use his priesthood so much here and the Stake President said to Jay that he is serving his mission here and we have no doubt about that- we all are even Jayson. I was so proud of Jayson, he invited a non member friend to join us and the little boy did. I never prompted him, he just did it. So even Jayson has been active in missionary work..."Every member a missionary!"
We are having some amazing, life changing experiences and I can say that I am a better person each day than I was yesterday. The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints is a true church, is it the church that provides me happiness, peace in an unstable world and comfort, comfort in that no matter what happens tomorrow I will be with my loved ones for eternity. For my dear family and friends that are not members, I hope that you will take a second or even a third or fourth look at the church . I want each of you to not just read of my happiness but I want you to have your own individual happiness and peace. It is an amazing thing and it is the best gift I could ever give! We love you all and hope you are each doing well!



More members, Bessy is the lady in pink pants and she is the oldest member of the Branch, she has been a member in O'Neill for 40 years and the lady across from her is Pat. Pat is a hoot and has some stories that had us all rolling with laughter!

This is Jeremy the Elders Quorum President, his son Weldon, and Janet. Janet has about every health problem in the world but she is one of the faithful and hardly misses.

This is Mandy playing games with the kids. Jayson just loves Ty, he is the older boy that is in a red cowboy shirt in the picture. As you can see in the picture Jayson is always watching him and talking about Ty and wants to be just like him!

This is the walk of faith that we did for the kids. Jayson is the lost one in the white shirt but Sandra, she is the wife of our new Branch President's, helped him find his way back to the yarn.

This is our family home evening circle, Loretta is the lady that Barb and I have been doing discussions with (she is the only lady between Jay and another member, Shannon).

This is Kathy, the Primary President and Jayson's teacher for preschool and Weldon. Weldon is such a sweet angel and each Branch member just loves him. When I am around Weldon, it makes me miss little Kaysha!!







3 comments:
You are a good girl Holly and I love you! Keep up the good work.
Your efforts absolutely pay off! I'm happy to report that my brother Clay goes to the temple each week and works in the cafateria which is strangely the highlight of his week! Who would have thought! Thanks for being such a great missionary...wherever you live...as my baby brother and his family wouldn't have made it to the temple without you! The worth of souls is great...and I love you dearly for doing your part.
JaLae, it was only possible through a sister's love and prayers! I am so glad for the update because I think of that sweet family often!! It makes me tear up to know how he working in the temple!! Any missionary work I did was repaid in full when Sister Packard told me that I was having Carson only through my faithful service. I know that what she said was true!
Is it a coincidence that the grill is silver and black?
Post a Comment