We just got back from Wichita Kansas or "Witichhhaaataw Tansas" as my sweet little nephew B calls it. We had a lot of fun with Snake and Nanc and their cute little family!! They have such a beautiful home in Kansas, hopefully Nanc will share some pictures of it on her blog. We recommend them as hosts to anyone! We went to the Wichita Zoo and I have to say that it was one of the best zoo's we have ever taken J to. Not all my pictures turned out but I do have a lot of them because J got to see some new animals. It was so much fun to get to go on a date with hubby for our Anniversary! It has been a very happy...fast...six years! Thanks Snake and Nanc for watching the kids while we went out. I just love being with my hubby and can't get enough of him so it was fun to be all alone with him!





I don't know if you can see the big lion on the rock behind J but the lion was huge! Really regal looking too.

B wanted to touch this bird so bad but we were all afraid he would get hurt so the adults ruined his fun in petting the pretty bird.

So we get to the hippo exhibit and Nanc told me to dribble some of my water bottle over the hippo's water and they would come up out the murky water for the kids to see. So I did just what she told me to do and up came this hippo mouth open wide. I was quite proud of myself until I notice the do not feed animals sign...Hmm... is that punishable by law???

B and J tired out, poor guys used beg to get out of the strollers a year or so ago and now they wished they could ride in the strollers with their younger brother and sisters!

This is the tunnel under the water tank so you could see fish and turtles swimming about. Sorry no sharks!
Hubby and Mr. C braving the bridge to the Gorilla exhibit. Just do not go on with Uncle Snake, he likes to make these kind of bridges bounce and it makes for a very bumpy walk across water you don't want to be dumped in!







7 comments:
Keep the great stories of the midwest coming..you sure know how to sweeten the pot. You have such a cute family. And please tell Jake I said hello next time you talk to him.
We may have to take a vacation out there just so you can show us all the fun sites to see in the midwest!
I can't believe that lady died! I had no idea! I'm glad Rebecca pays attention!
Looks like Kansas was fun, and Brock looks like he is doing so well and fully recovered! What a miracle and blessing for modern medicine!
Loves to you all!
Come back to Tansas soon! We loved having you here.
What a BLAST! So fun that you have a sib out there "somewhat" close!
So fun to see Jake as a big dad now! Crazy how time flies by!
I love reading your blog...! Invite me to your house plans...
mandire@yahoo.com
Fun, fun fun! I saw Kristi and she told me you guys are moving on to bigger and better things! Your little guys look just like your hubbie!
Maegan (Savage)
Post a Comment