Tuesday, September 30, 2008

J's Birthday

Well you have gotten to see how our day began and J getting into his birthday surprises seemed to be the theme for the day...is this paybacks for all the snooping I did as a kid? So I purchased a beautiful cake for J's birthday. It was a green field with horsed in it and another field next to it being plowed by a John Deere tractor. To my horror when I got out of the shower to get ready for his lunch at Pizza Hut he had decided to cut the cake and start the party without us. SOOOOO....since I don't have a photo op with the presents and the opening of them I now don't have a picture of this beautiful cake with out finger marks throughout and a huge chunk cut out of the middle of the back of it. I also had to track down the tractor and plastic horses that had been taken out of their spots...only to be informed that they are toys and he wanted to play with them..."ummmm Mom you are not suppose to put toys on food." Goodness silly mom for working so hard to get such a nice cake that every kid would have been amazed about only to be told that you are not suppose to put toys on cakes. I should have had him with me at the store when I ordered it so I didn't have to pay extra to put those toys on the cake! So J's 5th birthday is the birthday that J did his own thing and gave mom zero photo ops. Oh well maybe next year but I am not counting on it!

Mr. C was a happy partier!

He loved is birthday party hat!


Just goofing around!

The party boys!!


More Pizza!!! Yummmm....

Bad picture or just the cake...just the cake with the huge chunk taken out of it and many many finger marks. What can I say J loves frosting!


It once was a really cute cake...really!


I know you are all focusing on the big chunk taken out of the back but he is blowing out his candles!

Lunch at Pizza Hut! Even Mr. C had fun!


J's Grandparents spoiled him along with Gummy and Grammy sending him lots of money to spend...which he spent about 5 minutes, he also got two big packages from my mom and dad. Here are the pictures of him opening them.




Those are Gap Jeans Granny got him...so he still is the Gap Cowboy! He is pointing the gun Pop bought for him at me as I take the picture!

Even though my photo ops were taken we did have fun and it was fun to reflect on his little life and all he has brought to Hubby and I. We love you J!


4 comments:

mickelsenfamily said...

Love the story about the cake! That is too funny. How hard it is to just see a cake sitting there with no limitations...I might had done the same thing :)
Hope Jayson had a happy day!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Holl - I bet you did the same thing when you were his age! Cute story and I'm glad he had a great birthday.

Audrey said...

I have so much to comment on.. I have been slacking with my blogging! First of all we are so on the same time line as you guys! Recently had our anniversary and just had a 5th birthday! No wonder we get along so well!
Ok LOVE your halloween decor! I am such a dud when it comes to Halloween decorations! Seriously I need to hit up the Mini Bazaar this weekend cuz it is sad!
What a FUN cake and birthday bash! Atleast you know he loved everything! Couldn't even wait another second for you to get out of the shower! Boys are hilarious!
Carson is such a little cutie too!

Anonymous said...

Well I guess it IS his birthday! What a good mom you are to work so hard at making it a special day, only to have it changed (ruined) by your sweet five year old. Well you have taught him lots of good things. Like...don't put toys and food together! LOL You still get credit, right?