I know I have had many people frown upon my fascination with Halloween but I blame my mom. She worked so hard to make holidays fun for us and Halloween was one of them. It wasn't extravagant and we didn't spend a lot of money. Mom would make us our costumes and we would get to pick whatever character, person, or hero we wanted. We would get to pick out a pattern and she would work so hard to sew it all before Halloween. Mom also had those old colorful cardboard pictures and she would let us decorate the windows. She was creative and thrifty as well, when she taught us how to make gauze ghosts (gauze dipped in some sort of paste and dried over night over an old glass pop bottle).
Mom and Grandma also baked up so many goodies in the Fall I associate many pleasant treats, such as homemade doughnuts and frosted and candy corn decorated sugar cookies to name a few. So it is of no wonder why I love Fall and why I am trying to carry on the same memory making traditions with my boys. J just loves to make those same old sugar cookies and I think the Grandma's homemade doughnuts top the list too.
When I get out my little Halloween village he just loves to look into those windows and at all the glass figurines. There is nothing evil or scary about my fascination, it is just me bringing what I loved as a child to my family. So here is just a little bit of my decorations. I decided to decorate but not too much. Also I haven't gotten a chance to go to any pumpkin patches yet but we have several options to hit!


Sorry this picture was taken right by the large sliding glass doors so the light made the picture dark.

Here is my Halloween House collection! This is one of my favorite decorations.

Here is the front of the spec home we are renting while ours gets built. Birds keep trying to eat the foam berries off my wreath. We have some real crazy birds here.

Larger view of the home. The start of the garage is on the left.







2 comments:
oh! can I come over for some goodies? They all sound so good! I need your recipes! Would you be willing to share? Post them on your blog and I will steal them...along with several other people I know...
Of course you would have your home all decked out. You were always such a cute decorator. :)
Post a Comment