As we sat at dinner last night I was looking at my soon to be 5 year old and reminiscing of the events of J's birth. Yes I sound like an old lady but I guess I am entitled to that after 30+ hours of labor. Where have the years gone...just yesterday I was holding this new little bundle from heaven and wondering what do I do now and now he is so big and so tall and 5!! I agree whole heartily..."Blink and you miss it."
J is 48.5 inches tall about 60 lbs and has lost his baby curls and lighter blondish hair. He still has his teeth, that is at this point. He doesn't look much like a toddler any more! He has such an amazing imagination and loves to play with all his toys. He still thinks he is a cowboy, in Gap jeans ; ), and loves to talk about all his animals but when we get him around the real thing he gets scared! He makes us laugh and is a strong stubborn kid with a mixture of Aunt Kristie's and Great-Uncle Burt's attitude! Sometimes I feel like I am raising my dad until dad reminds me I am raising me...pretty much the same thing! Hubby and I just love this boy and have had 5 years of wonderful and growing memories with our J. J has a big heart and loves big. His hugs are the greatest purest love there is!
So here is how the Birthday started out:



Hubby woke up at 6:30 a.m. to get ready for work. J woke up shortly after that and had all his presents opened by the time Hubby was ready for work at 7:45 a.m. So we didn't get to watch him open the presents...everything was ripped to shreds by the time we got up. J had already been spoiled by Gummy and Grammy sending my birthday money and have a shopping spree at the local farm implement store's toy section. He purchased a cattle truck and barn. On Friday his two large Birthday packages came in the mail that were from Granny and Pop (my parents) and he had both open with in 10 seconds, it would have been 8 but the tape on the outside held him up.








3 comments:
Happy Birthday! It sounds like he had a great day!
I will tell Eden and I am sure she will have a message for him.
OOps...sorry, I left a comment but didn't read it through and I spelled like 5 words wrong in my haste...so I thought I could just delete it and start over, but I guess my deleted one still shows. sorry! Anyway...
Jayson hasn't been a toddler for years! I'd call him more of a runner... haha! (or a preschooler but definately no longer a toddler) I think its funny he wanted pizza for both meals, how typical is that for a little boy! So cute. Well looks like he a had a blast shredding gifts and munching cake. Yahoo! Happy birthday Jays, we love you!
Post a Comment