While researching our trip I discovered that we were a little over 5 hours away from some good old college friends...Amy and Pati! We hadn't seen them in like 5 years so I told Amy one day on the phone that since were so close she should just get in the car and I would get in my car at the same time and we could just drive and meet somewhere and see each other... well the idea went from that to....hmm 5 hours....hmmm... Then I started to research Nashville and it had been a "Bucket List" item for me since I grew up watching Hee-Haw and for some reason when I hear a fiddle my Daniels blood starts pumping and I can't help but like it! So I asked hubby what he thought and he really liked the idea and told me to plan it. It was so fun to call Amy the next day and tell her we were coming all the way to Nashville. Amy was one of the two running partners I had back in college and on those 5 mile runs we all formed a long lasting friendship. One that has kept us all in contact over the past years. Since Amy had just had surgery I was excited to show up and cook and clean for her and do some service for her as she recovered. My hubby and Pati were already friends, however our boys had never met.... Amy and Pati have 3 boys and the ages are similar.
I was so excited for this last leg of the trip. Aside from Nashville I would get to see a dear friend and our boys would meet. It was surreal to watch these little guys! They were fast friends. My oldest and her oldest were immediately buddies! The whole unfortunate thing about it all was that I FORGOT to take any pictures at that point. I was so focused on not making Amy over do it and wanting to just visit myself that I completely forgot....Luckily Amy did so when I get some pictures I will post those.
This is the last of the pictures...GOOD...tired of them...well you asked for them so you got them!
Enjoy!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |








0 comments:
Post a Comment