Several years ago I visited Hannibal, MO with my parents and siblings. It was such a cute river town that I had to put it on the list of must see items. I knew the boys would like this place. I also returned and conquered the hot, sticky, steep hike to the top of a hill to see their little lighthouse. I love lighthouse and have been able to see a few gorgeous ones on the east coast. My sister Pam and I hiked to the top and we practically ran. This time after stopping a couple of times I felt I did pretty good for an old lady! ; )
Carthage, is another special place to me. I remember my first visit there and the special spirit this place has. This time as we returned I had my MoTab playing the new Joseph Smith CD so songs like Praise to the Man and We Thank Thee O God for our Prophet were still fresh in my head. While we were in Nauvoo a van from the State of New York was driving around yelling to everyone as we went from house to house "Jesus not Joe." I wanted to grab them by the collar and take them to Carthage and have them sit and listen to the taped presentation in the room Joseph was gunned down in and then severly lecture them on the beliefs of the church and that our church is the church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and that we love and revere our latter day prophet Joseph Smith for his courage to do what is right when it wasn't popular and eventually took his life! A key no brainer though, is that the church never faltered without Joseph Smith, it continued without our dear prophet BECAUSE it was the TRUE church of Jesus Christ.
Sorry I could not resist getting on my soap box! I love our prophet Joseph Smith, his courage has brought me much happiness!
Enjoy the pictures!
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox slideshow |








2 comments:
awww...i love the pic of Jayson holding Joseph SMith's hand. Looks like a fun time. Jake and I looked at the navoo post last night, but he was "driving" as he calls it, and he rarely leaves comments, but we liked that smile box too. i am looking forward to the Chicago pics! (if you dont blog them, I'll just take a peek enxt time we get together. Labor Day, maybe?
It looks like you had so much fun. I would love to take my boy there someday. I love that elders liked Mr. C smile, you should be one proud mom.
Post a Comment