Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Trip Part 3: Amish Country

It has always intrigued me how the Amish live with out many of the modern conveniences. I love their peaceful ways and how they really live in the world and not of it. Also I am a huge fan of their quilts and hand crafts and wood working. All things I need to work on. My mom has always been intrigued to this group of people for those same reasons. She just loves their quilts and so do I. When ever around a community of them I always dream of one day owning a authentic quilt made by Amish hands and not a machine. So just as my mom did I got my boys all pumped up about the Amish. I told the Gap Cowboy that they were farms and like to live like pioneers. He found it every exciting to see all the buggies driving around and he was very curious as to their clothes and he really wanted to know if they ever got to play.
Because of my curiosity of this group I have a lot of pictures the boys and I really had a lot of fun in this area. The farms were beautiful and their yards clean. We actually found ourselves returning to this area because of the beauty and peace amongst these intriguing people.

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Amish Country 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

2 comments:

Melissa & J.D. said...

Ok I may be a little slow but where was this Amish Country...how far did you travel on this road trip? Pictures are beautiful, Holly! Your boys are just adorable too. Glad you had such a good time!

Kim said...

I realized I clicked on the wrong one to comment on...I was going to comment about the Chicago post...so much to read:)

First of all...BRAVE. BUT exciting. What a neat opportunity to get to go to all those places. When I first started seeing all of it I wondered how your hubby was getting so much time off; it's great you are combining it all together.