Now I know how Marlin the fish feels on Nemo... you have to let them go at a certain point and it is hard for a parent to do so. I keep looking at the clock and wondering how he is doing. (Yes, it is only 9:05 a.m.). I have cried for over a week now off and on, like whenever I would see his school clothes or backpack or even have to think about school stuff. Saturday night after Jay gave him a father's blessing for school I cried myself to sleep. When I woke up that morning looking like death, I said to myself I have got to stop. Then I started to notice the Gap Cowboy looking nervous at me and asking nervous questions so I realized I had better start making school sound fun. So since Sunday I have stopped the moping around and the crying and I have must every ounce of strength I have to make it seem fun and a happy time for him.
If any of you know the Cowboy you know how he gets so excited for stuff. Well he was so excited last night that the day had finally arrived he barely could sleep. While I was outside finishing up some yard stuff before the storm, he got into his dad's cologne and sprayed it all over himself. Oh, he smelled so strong! I love cologne but this was strong it was yuck! It wasn't until 9:30 that he finally fell asleep. He then was the first one awake ready to go back to school. Then out the door and off to school. As I was following him down the hall to his section of the building I started to tear up and about lost it but I pushed back any forming tears and held tough. After a couple photos I moved on real fast and Mr. C and I went home.
Most people would really enjoy quiet but when I came in and it was so quiet I just had to turn on the TV for the background noise. I am certain Mr. C and I will get used to it but for right now we may have to have Noggin on in the background!
Here are some pictures of the open house and his first day of school!

There's his name!!
First day of school. We had a storm so it was a bit chilly
Off to his classroom!
This is where I said by good-byes. Other parents were inside
the classroom but I had to go I couldn't take it anymore.
I had been lucky to push back the tears this far I didn't want
to press my luck by going in.







3 comments:
Jayson looks so big and ready for school. He will love it!
I'm proud of you for keeping it together!
I think the monkey bulletine board is appropriate for Kindergarteners! Good job girl - I'm proud of ya! Yay for Chicago Nike town - what a good lookin' boy you have!
That first day with your first child is the hardest I think. You are such a good mom! Looks like Jayson was so excited and I can't believe how big he has gotten! I keep thinking of him as 3 years old like when I first met you guys! They grow up fast so enjoy everyday. :)
Post a Comment