Thursday, April 2, 2009

For the record I DO NOT have cankles!

Since this happened yesterday, April Fools Day, my brother said he wouldn't believe me unless he saw it posted on my blog. So Jake, here you go...

Here is my healthy left ankle to prove to you that I do not have "cankles." I love my feet and take good care of them, just had a pedicure thanks to my sweet hubby and an anniversary gift certificate.
And here it the right ankle...Yuck I know!
P.S. it has been a long winter without sun so please be kind as I show my white legs!


So I was just trying to get ahead of some last minute projects and since I can't bring myself to do it in the evening I needed to just bite the bullet and get the grout down on the last tile that I had to place because the tile layer ran out while I was in the Land of Milk and Honey. So I knew I could do it, it was a matter of just getting over there and getting it done. So I headed out, finally the blizzards and cold were done, and the sun was shining and I had the plenty of "get up and go." I had Mr. C in "J" in tow so I was hurrying because as all mom's know if you don't hurry they grow restless and soon you good minding kiddies become crazy. So as I went out our back door into the garage and stumbled on a make shift wooden step and the rest is history....
It is not broken just a bad sprain....again. For those of you who don't know this is the same ankle I kept hurting in girls basketball AND have continued to hurt it sense. I have sprained it 3 times and broken it once since I have been married to my hubby. So when I called him to tell him I fell at our new house I am sure you can understand his lack of surprise.

9 comments:

Kim said...

I hate sprains. I too have horrible ankles...both spraining frequently & one having had a break. Lucky you, your one ankle looks great. Mine are permanately swollen...especially the one I broke.

What's up with bad luck???

I'm sure that slowed your day down a bunch. BTW, I'm totally impressed that you can tile.

Erin said...

I'm so sorry about your ankle :( That really slows down your day...but I guess that can sometimes be a good thing. I hope it gets better quick! Take care :)

21st Century Homemaker said...

Ooch I am so sorry! i know that coul dthrow a kink in things! Hope you heal fast!

Becca's Blog said...

Holly that looks awful! You poor thing. Put your feet up and let Jay do the rest! :) Take care and enjoy Conference weekend!

Sherrie said...

Oh man, that is terrible! I hope that it gets better as soon as possible! Mom's don't have time to be out for the count! ;) Seriously, I'm so sorry that happened to you!

stoner said...

Brothers say the sweetest things....don't you think? I have one that told me I was found under a rock and adopted....maybe you should ask him about that.... :D

I hope your ankle gets better soon!

Nancy Niederer said...

YIKES! When I saw the first pic, I was relieved thinking, "oh, thats not so bad, it doesn't even look swollen", then I read and scrolled down - heavens that looks painful! I am so sorry you got hurt. hang in there, you are in our prayers!

Holly said...

Thank you everyone for your sweet, kind words! I am healing amazingly fast, I am so blessed because I have so much to do!

Amy M. said...

YIKES!!!!!!
Sorry that happened- looks like it hurts- but I'm glad that you're not in much pain.