Last Thursday evening....
It was about 50ish later in the evening and we had been outside the majority of the day...

Saturday Night...

I have never seen windows completely around the house covered in snow like this...

This is what we woke up to Sunday morning...
Everyone was out early to dig out, it was crazy to see that much snow from about 12 hours of snowing and blowing...
I don't know whether to "Deck the Halls" this week or color Easter eggs. Locals say it is usual for this area to get snow and blizzards like this in March and April. It was amazing to see so much heavy wet moisture. When I went to pick up the Sister Missionaries from another member's home in between conference sessions I drove up one street and it was covered in water from the melting snow racing down to main street. This must be why we stay green so long through the summer, when Treasure Valley is burning up in late July we are pretty green still. Very amazing contrast to the dryer dessert look I am used to in the West. The weather here is an experience within itself.







4 comments:
seriously...we went to the park almost everyday in February, but now we are wearing winter coats! i hope it warms up for outdoor Easter activities! I like the picture of Jayson pulling Carson, thats sweet. Hope your ankle is better, by the way. We'd love to have you guys for Brock's Bday, its actually the day after memorial day this year. I'd love to take Jayson to Pump It Up, he'd love it!We'll have to see if that works out. You guys are always welcome! Talk to you soon.
We had a blizzard on Friday....it was insane. It looks like you got the same storm the next night.
We hope you have a Happy Easter!
Ha! That is crazy! We had a very similar week like that last week. It was 60 degrees today...more snow in the forcast this weekend...Hope you see more spring like days.
Isn't it hard when nature plays tricks on us:)
That snow looks crazy! I'm not a fan of snow at spring time.
Post a Comment