I have been tagged by my dear old high school friend, Erin. So here it goes...
These are the ten things in my life that I love, that make me feel alive and happy. So here it goes in no particular order:
1. My Hubby~We have travelled many a road together side by side. We have worked hard and accomplished much and have learned much from our failures. We have laughed, cried, laughed some more, and enjoyed the journey together. With this man I would go anywhere!
2. My Boys~I love these little monkeys! It has been such a privilege to meet and raise these two strong willed little guys. I feel like I am raising future leaders (lets just hope they lead them all to heaven and not the other). Each day is a new adventure but at the end of the day when I get my hugs and kisses from these little sweethearts who cares what messes and mischief has transpired during the day!
3. My Testimony~I know I have the right to eternal happiness. I know that through my obedience to my Heavenly Father's commandments one day I can return to Him. It is my hope that I can thank my Savior one day for the sacrifice he has given me. I know that Jesus Christ lived upon this earth and was resurrected for each of us and that one great day he will come again in his glory. I know that families are eternal and that one day I will see my loved ones again in that great family circle. 4. My Parents~I love that I have been raised by such wonderful parents. They taught me how to work (yes, Kris and Jake- I did learn). They taught me never to give up. They taught me how to believe in myself. They were such a great example on how to raise 5 strong willed, stubborn, knot-headed children. They got all 5 of us a Bachelors degree (two now have a Masters) and all have been married in the temple. I am certain it has been sweat, blood and tears, because each of us have presented a challenge in our own unique way but they cared even when we were making stupid mistakes at 20+ years in college- they never stopped being our parent, our friend.
5. My Sisters and Brother~I think that for most it is when they are older that they really do realize that their siblings really do have there back verses stabbing it... It is through those younger years you wonder but finally when you get out in the world you realize they really are on my side. It has been such a joy to have such a diverse family, each so individually talented and each so willing to help at any time. There have been so many times these sisters and brother have been at my side through many trials and obstacles. They have eased my burdens and offered advice, prayers, praise and support.
6. My Extended Family (Yes that includes the in-laws)~ I have been enriched by such a large extended family. Starting with such wonderful grandparents, each teaching and molding my life for the better. It was them I never wanted to cause any disappointment or heartache. My Aunts and Uncles, each watching over me and giving such great examples of achievement and that kids from WJ can actually make it in this world. My cousins and my hubby's cousins have been and become some of our dearest friends. My hubby's parents have already taught me so much and have enriched our married life through their love and example. His siblings have always supported us in all we do! My little nieces and nephews have taught me a new kind of love and the list goes on....
7. Mis Amigas~So everyone knows that I am a social bug and when I learned in girls scouts that song "Make new friends but keep the old..." I took it to heart. I love all my many friends. It has been a privilege to have met so many diverse and wonderful people in my life. Each of you have blessed my life and it has been a such a blessing to me to have you in my life. Whether you are dear friend from high school, the Land of Milk and Honey, College or the many places I have lived/traveled!
8. Opportunity~ I love that I have had the opportunity to experience life. To become an educated, Latter-day Saint woman. I love that I have had the opportunity to travel and to meet so many fun people. I love that I have had the opportunity to live in such fun areas of the US. I love that I have had the opportunity to work such fun and diverse jobs from Clara Barton and the Red Cross to Nicole Miller Make-up Buyer. I love that I have been entrusted to be a missionary. I love each day presents a new opportunity, I just have to decide what to do with it...
9. Happiness~I love bringing happiness to others, whether it through using my talents or just by inspiration. I love doing service and seeing the smiling face those I serve. I love the happiness I have in my life.
10. Simple Things~I love the simple things in my life, a gorgeous sunset whether in Hawaii, Land of Milk and Honey or the Midwest. I love a good walking/running trail, I love the thinking that takes place on those walks/jogs. I love my pink and silver Nike running shoes. I love a good pedicure and massage. I love large black sunglasses, croc flip-flops in the summer and my Uggs in the winter, I love my pink PJ pants, I love my pink Barefoot Dreams bathrobe, I love my boys when they first wake up in the mornings and the smiles I am greeted with, I love flowers, I love the smell after it rains, I beaches and lighthouses. I love Pride and Prejudice. I love music. I love "cabining" with my family-not to be mixed up with camping. I love a good deal. I love shopping and the challenge of finding cute clothes for boys! I love decorating. I love a good movie snuggled next to my hubby. I love dates with my hubby. I love long drives with my hubby. I love new adventures and exploring what this world has to offer for me and my family.
I tag anyone who wants a fun time to reflect....







7 comments:
There I am again....sitting in between you and Katie Jo....looking all tan and beautiful....
Oh wait. I was replaced by LAILA!
Well, I wasn't mentioned by name - but I'll take "in-laws" as my reference! Cute post, you are a good writer.
Those are fun things and great things to love. :) Your attitude of gratitude always shines in everything you touch or do.
Yeah Erin tagged me too. It was kinda fun to think about what you love. I loved you list. You did such a great job. Love the way you think. I wish I could write that well.
How much did my brother pay you to put him first? Hopefully enough to get something cute for your new house! :D
Kiss those cute little boys for me! We miss you guys!
What a nice post and so fun to reflect on all the good in life.
I love how you word things and share your wonderful light with others!! You are awesome.
Hey I made those cinnamon rolls from grandma sanders... and they are my only ones that have ever turned out. so yummy!!
Post a Comment