Friday, April 10, 2009

Our first spring in the country....and Easter Fun!

I remember as a little girl getting chicks. Thanks to my parent's determination to teach us how to work and take care of animals, I have fond memories of these fluffy things, not so much when they grow up and turn mean and scare you to death, but the soft sweet little baby chicks. So when Hubby's secretary told him that a local store had their chicks in we decided we would take the boys today while we had hubby home for a three day weekend.

Our Gap Cowboy was so excited he had to call my dad, Pop, and tell him all about it. Granny answered the phone and he told her all excited: "Gran, I get to go pet some little baby chicks." Well we all know that over handling chicks can causes them distress so we didn't know if the store would allow touching or handling the chicks. So mom told him that he may not get to pet them but they are sure fun to look at. To our surprise though the lady helped our Gap Cowboy pet and both a chick and a duck. He loved it! Mr. C on the other hand not so much! He wasn't too sure about these little things so he wouldn't touch them but he sure enjoyed looking at them. He was such a big boy he walked throughout the whole store and when we would pick him up he would get mad, he had to be big just like brother. My boys are just cute!
Here are some pictures of the chicks and ducklings. We also colored Easter eggs today and I really loved how creative my little Gap Cowboy was. He loved the project and took his time and just ate up every minute. Mr. C on the other had got mad because it took too long, he is a lot like his dad, not fans of coloring eggs! Oh and I let our Gap Cowboy invite one friend over for an Easter Egg hunt since our leaving town this weekend will prevent him from joining in on other hunts. The Gap Cowboy and his little buddy had so much fun! Even Mr. C go into the fun!



Mr. C not too sure about this chirpy thing...


The Gap Cowboy has to buck up a little to pet the duckling.




"They look so cute can we have one," the Gap Cowboy kept asking?

"NO!" Was my answer without hesitation!


He loved dying eggs!


Mr. C loved breaking them, as he grins because his egg is breaking into 1000 pieces!


Hubby was Mr. C's helper.




He is so cute!!


Here is my Gap Cowboy and his little friend. Ready to start the hunt!



Mr. C was clearly cheating but his tiny hands could only hold two eggs.

I have never missed in all my years the Lion's egg hunt in the Land of Milk and Honey. Even when I was in college I came home to watch the fun. When I had my first, I brought him out and it even when we first moved away I came home. However, Hubby is out of time off so we will miss this year. It was been a fun tradition that my dad help to start and I will miss it!

10 comments:

Unknown said...

Looks like you had lots of fun. Cute pictures. Too bad your going to miss you easter egg hunt. Have a good easter!

Nancy Niederer said...

oh! i want a baby chick! they look sweet, but i bet its hard to get chick poop out of carpet. glad you had a fun time. we were all geared up for our "practice hunt" with empty plastic eggs, and Brock asked if Jayson could come over. so sweet, but kinda sad. he sure thinks the world of Jayson!

stoner said...

Such cute pics of your boys. Like Mr C., I wouldn't want to touch the chicks either. They are cute but I don't need to feel... :D

Loved the pic of your hubby. It looked like he was having a blast!

Brittney said...

How fun for the kiddos to get to pet the cute little chicks even if they didn't get to keep them. I like that idea as I am NOT a pet person. I'll have to see if there's anywhere around where my kiddos can get an animal fix without me actually having to buy something.

Good for you for doing all the fun easter egg stuff. I don't know what was wrong with me this year but we didn't even decorate eggs. I'm a slacker!

Kim said...

I totally tried to leave a comment yesterday & my computer was being a stinker:)

I love the chick idea...even if it's just to see them:):):) I think its fun your are kind of keeping up with the tradition.

Anyway time you want help on your blog I'm happy to. MOST of the time I have fun putting it together.

Holly said...

Kimri,
I am totally taking you up on that! I need to get a couple pictures of the boys and I will send them your way for help! You are so talented!

Audrey said...

How fun for the boys! Here at the local Broulims I noticed that they had chicks AND bunnies! I was riding solo so my boys didn't get to join in on the fun.
Holidays are so much fun with small kids aren't they!? It makes all these night feedings, stinky diaper changing, back ache's from holding them all day worth it... right?

stoner said...

Holly...I am begging you to nominate me on Momlogic.com for the mother of all bloggers contest....please go to my page and the instructions are on the left! I will owe you......pretty please?

stoner said...

Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!

Becca's Blog said...

Looks like you guys had a fun easter! I love the colored eggs and little Carson. Adorable! I miss you guys.