***Disclaimer: I am about to complain, if you don't want to read complaining I suggest you not read this post and wait until I post a happier one!
Ok, so this is not my picture nor is a picture of any of my kids but when I walked out of our bedroom where I have been doing taxes and paperwork for the finalization of our house I had a headache the size of the United States, yes that bad, only to see my kiddies in a mess the size of Texas! This is the not so pretty part about being a busy busy mom still in a large life changing move/transition.
I don't even know where to begin to start to list what all we are doing and how we just run, run, run! I am so exhausted and if I get in bed before 1 a.m. it is a good night! My boys are so good to just play when I am so busy but that comes at a cost too...the house blows up into a incredible mess...here is a little what this week alone has looked liked:
- 6-10 hours this week of Branch Missionary/Church Service (We have one baptism this Saturday and this doesn't not include I have to take cookies and drive an hour and a half to the church that has a font) ***This probably doesn't count because I do receive so many many blessings from it but it is all part of my juggle!
- 6-9 hours per week of Cleaning Jay's office at Cargill (yes I clean his facility, a perk for "knowing" the manager and that my friends is how I can afford to add a lot of upgrades on the house)!
- 3++ hours per week setting Jay's school schedule, proof reading assignments, and any other little thing I can help ease the burden towards his 12 credit hours he is taking this semester!
- 2 hours per night Saturday, Monday, Tuesday painting and staining a house finishing project I opened my big mouth and took on!
- 15++ hours doing our taxes...they were really really complicated this year too but they are off and completed today!
- 6-8 hours per week on final paper work and phone calls to our loan officer and builder and title companies and appraisers!
- 3+++ hours searching for the perfect foyer and dining room lights, oh and the pendulums for the Kitchen....
- 6 hours watching a friends kid who Jayson just loves to play with so it was more like having a friend over and not babysitting (about an hour of that I had to run off and do missionary work so Jay finished off-even with all his school)!!
- I have no clue how long I spend doing my blogging and facebook stuff but that is my one escape so I am not counting that time...
- 24/7 wife, mom, cook, house cleaner, personal assistant to a very busy manager, 1st counselor, student, dad and husband.
(Sigh, sigh, sigh, sigh.....) I know life is so crazy I am missing something but my head hurts too much to think what it is.... I keep thinking we are on the last lap and it is the sprint to the finish and that as soon as the house is done life will slow done and just maybe come back to our normal pace.............................maybe not, did I fail to mention I have sister that is getting married and so as soon as the keys are handed over I throw everything into our new house and we leave to Idaho for two weeks for a wedding??? (breathe, breathe, breathe)
Silver Lining:
At least I am not bored out of my mind and that my end product is a beautiful house that we have designed and put our whole hearts into....it has been sweat, blood, and tears into this house! And then I get to see my family that I miss terribly, especially my mom, my dad, and my sisters and brother; especially when things get crazy I so miss my mom (mom knows how to settle me down, and so does dad). Also, I have a wonderful husband and when things have gotten so crazy he has taken a day or two and helped me finalize and pick up things I could not pick up without him. Yesterday when things hit the height of stress, he just showed up and took Jayson to pre-school for me and I got 72 minutes before Carson got up to take a shower and make myself look like a girl! It was so nice, I have been so busy to take care of myself it has been a serious distraction I can't afford to have, even to remember to eat. He is a good man that watches out for just me!
So all in all I am blessed and stress but ever so blessed. Even though this post seems like one big fat complaint I am just taking 5 to breathe, think and restore a little...







5 comments:
That's nothing...just kidding. I know how it goes sometimes. But wouldn't we be bored if we didn't have all that shiz to do! We look forward to seeing you soon.
Kristie
This is why we girls...
occasionally need a big fat chocolate donut and a good cry! Treat yourself to one...or two...and then get back to work. :)
Screw it - have three!
Wow...it sounds crazy!!! I always have these "when this is over then I'll be sane." I realized there was always a NEW hurdle up ahead. At least you'll be in your home soon & at least be settled.
Jay sounds so busy too. It will be worth it when you're all done:)
Tough times don't last, tough people do.! You are an amazing person Hol and I look up to you so so much.
Isn't it crazy how sometimes life really is like that? One day you don't have much going on and then the next minute you are going out of your mind trying to figure out how you are going to get everything done! It IS overwhelming sometimes! Put your trust in the Lord and all will work out. And make sure you take a few minutes each day for you! If you don't get that much needed recharge, then your family will notice!! You guys are doing such good work out there. Hang in there and soon things will be less stressful I'm sure - especially once you move into your new house. :) Oh, and take a minute to smell those roses....! If we don't, the season will pass and we'll have missed out on so much. Hugs!
Post a Comment