Friday, January 30, 2009

Thanks Mom!

Well my mom, is so good for me! She always knows what to say, so all is well and I am doing so much better today!
Thanks to all for your kind comments and telephone calls and yes JaLae, that Chocolate donut, fabulous idea!

On a phone conversation with my mom she said this scripture to me to help me through the stress of things that are totally out of my control, as I try to balance family, life and the needs of a growing Branch. This scripture she said to me is my newly adopted motto for this year:

D&C 82: 10
"I, the Lord, am bound when ye do what I say; but when ye do not what I say, ye have no promise."

Well in my setting apart blessing for my Branch missionary calling and in hubby's as well, all the things I have been stressing about that are out of my control will fall into place, if I do my calling. So I have to have faith and just as that scripture says, He is bound when I do what He says. So I have and have always put my church calling first. I petitioned the Lord in prayer and today I have peace. Who knows if all will fall into place or if I will drop every ball I am juggling BUT I do know I am being watched over and if I put Him first as I was instructed in my setting apart blessing I will be blessed! So that scripture hasn't left my mind since mom said it to me and I share it with each of you in hopes that if you are feeling the same feelings here is your promise and you too can pray for those things he has promised you!
Love to all!

3 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

this is a great one too when you're feeling blue... John 14:18. Love ya!

mickelsenfamily said...

Hope things continue to go better for you. Sounds like you are staying super busy. I have to thank you for your comment about the binky. I read it right in time because I was seriously thinking of giving it back...I didn't though because I read your words "Be strong" and I was. I say that to you too and all will be fine. Caleb is now on day 6 without the binky and the last two days have been great. Thanks for your support!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

You are a good girl Miss Holly. I love ya.

Not to mention that....you've inspired me to go eat another donut. Now I really love ya.