Monday, January 12, 2009

I have been tagged...again...

I have been tagged again, by my sweet newly engaged friend from high school, Melissa, and I am actually quite excited to do this tag. It is all about my husband and I love talking about my husband! (If you haven't already noticed) ; )

1. Where did you meet your husband?

Well I came home for the summer after graduating from college to look for jobs while working some piddly summer jobs. My friend from USU, Loralee, was home in Idaho Falls and we were hanging out while she was on break too. She called me one day at the hotel I was front desk clerk and asked if I wanted to go out with this guy that works for her dad. She told me that he had seen a picture of me and that he was interested and that he was just like a brother to her and a son to her dad. So I figured it would be fun at least, we were set up, me totally blindly going into the situation and him seeing a picture and wanting to meet me. Immediately we hit it off and from there a great friendship and relationship was built and would later blossom into an engagement.

2. How long did you date before you got married?

We dated through the summer of 2000. Then I got a job in Logan and we decided to cool things off while I figured out life. In November or 2001 the relationship was rekindled and we picked up where we left off! When I first saw him after such a long time in between dating him I thought to myself how did I ever let this hottie loose on the streets, I could have lost him to another girl. Lucky for me I didn't and we dated, we had fun and on March 22nd, 2002, in front of the Logan Temple on "our" bench Jay proposed to me. We were married after his grain harvest, September 14th, 2002. (Yes, we dated way too long and I would never recommend it to anyone, it was HARD)!

3. How long have you been married?

We have been married 6 years. I have loved every minute of being married to this man! He is my perfect match, his strength has been my weakness and his weakness (if he has any) have been my strengths (if I have any). When I get all stirred up about things he starts cracking jokes and before I know it I am rolling in laughter. I love that man!






4. What does he do that surprises you?

He LOVES to surprise me! He is always thinking of ways to surprise me, like getting the computer monitor early and sneaking in the house to set it up and surprise me. Like sneaking jewelry boxes out at dinner with sweet earrings or necklaces in them on Valentines Day. Like handing me an envelope on our anniversary, when I said not to get presents, and it is a spa pass. Or when I say in passing my running shoes are getting old and they are hurting my feet and new shoes just appear because I am too cheap to go buy something for myself; I guilt trip myself even if I did buy new ones and take them back! He listens and sometimes when I call him at work and I am frustrated with my day and how the kids have acted, he will just show up and take care of everything give me 5 and then turn around and head back to work...never says what a failure I am as a mom, or "are you kidding me, you should see what I have to do." He just comes in quietly and sweetly takes care of our 5 year old tornado and our 1 year old Mr. Mischief, and settles the scene and is then gone, all is well and peaceful with just his quiet soft presence!

5. What is your favorite feature on him?

Well my mother and father-in-law read this, so modestly and tastefully I will say that I am very very attracted to every inch of my husband! He is so handsome from face down! I just love to look at his face as we drive long drives and he is looking at the road ahead and I just take in his very handsome face! I love love his soft spirit he brings into our home, and I love how he is a man but when you get him around his boys, he softens and he is so tender with our little babies!

6. What is his best quality?

I know this sounds so generic, "fluffy," and "gushy," which he would totally and absolutely hate, but he has so many qualities, I cannot narrow it down to one. He is so kind, something he has learned from good parents, he is slow to anger and when he is angry or frustrated, one should know you have pushed him to his limits. He seldom ever talks unkindly about people. When I am all "bugged" about something he listens quietly and then asks things like "did you think to pray" or "have you thought of doing this...." He calms my spirit! He is a rock I can count on and one I have enjoyed the journey with! We have progressed together and have come so far. All we do together, we done with fabulous communication and I just love talking with him! I love how he makes me laugh! I love his sense of humor! He keeps things light and always cuts the tension with his quick wit!! He has always put his family first and works so hard for us! He is like a little boy again when he plays with his boys and I just love how he is such a loving, caring and wonderful father.

7. Does he have a nickname for you?

Yes, but it is what most people call me casually, Hol.

8. What is his favorite food?

He is loves it when I call it this but anything "heart attack" food! Pizza, Little Irish Burgers, Breaded and fried shrimp, steaks (well-done).....

9. What is his favorite sport?

It depends on the season, football, basketball, baseball....he is really good at golf but gets really mad on the coarse and hasn't done it in years until he started working for Cargill and this is what all the management does in the summer time so he had to dust off his clubs and give it another whirl. All his fellow managers and bosses think he is pretty good too!

10. When and where did you first kiss?

Oh gosh, I hope this doesn't make me look like a hussy to my mother-in-law but....on the first date he kept looking at my lips and I could tell he was really interested in me... well I got presumptuous and told him I don't kiss on the first date! He then informed me that was great and that he doesn't either.... So a month later I was ready and waiting and I dropped all the hints and signs that a poor girl ready for the kiss could give, "Hello kiss me now!" Well he was teasing me and he knew I was ready but because of what I said on the first date he was holding out...he just loves to tease-espeicially me! So finally one night after a walk around the green belt at the Falls in Idaho Falls, we decided to sit on a bench off the falls and I finally grabbed him and went in for the kill.... He held out on me too long I had had it! He just loves to tease me about that too!

11. What is your favorite thing to do as a couple?

We love to drive and talk, we love to talk about everything. I guess just being together, we went out on a date the other night, to dinner, and we just talked and laughed and that is what we just love to do.... of course we love to snuggle and watch movies but just watching movies is not relationship building, he feels and he seldom takes me to movies because he feels it take that part of a date away, the getting to laugh, talk, plan, rekindle...

12. Do we have any children?

2 boys! We love them both and they are both a great mixture, one looks just like him, which I just love but acts just like me, which I don't love, and the other looks more like me (still with a lot of his features though) but acts just like him. Either way we love our boys! They are both so precious and we have thoroughly enjoyed being parents together and look forward to one day having more, if we can.









13. Does he have any hidden talents?

Because my husband is shy, somewhat, not many people really get to know him like I do but he is so funny and can impersonate people (Donald Duck is a family fav), we have movie lines that we repeat for life's funny little happenings sometimes and he has these voices he can impersonate and he will sometimes do for the kids. He is a hoot!

14. How old is he?

He is old enough to know better but young enough to still have fun! ; )

15. Who said I love you first?

Hmm.... I remember this coming up on our long distance phone calls at about 3:00 a.m and I think it was something mutual...no one first... but I think we felt and realized it together and haven't stopped saying it!!

16. What is his favorite music?

He like the old 80's rock music, and I really love the flashbacks when he buys a new song off i-tunes for his ipod he will play if for me and it reminds me of the good ole' 80's.

17. What do you admire most about him?

Wow, the list could go on and on...he is a hard worker, he has never been afraid of any job. When he puts his mind to something he does it all the way. He doesn't give up, he backs me 100% and has been such an awesome provider. He is always worried about me and the boys and our needs and could careless about himself. He is so selfless and serving. He has gone against all odds and has come out smelling like a rose and even with a job, kids, wife and everything else life throws at you he went back to school to better further his career and was a Honors Student to boot! Need I say more...


18. What is his favorite color?

Hello, big, huge Oakland Raiders fan, BLACK and SILVER baby!

19. Will he read this?

Yes, he likes to read my blog! Will he enjoy what I wrote??? No he will be embarrassed because he is modest and hates the attention but I love doing it! I love you hubby!

20. Who do I tag now.....

I tag whoever wants to, this was really fun to reflect on the man I married and love! So if you want to take on a fun tag about your good husband do it!

5 comments:

Becca's Blog said...

Loved reading all about you and Jay! That is so fun. Loved seeing the pictures too. What a sweet wife you are. Hopefully you made Jay blush a little! You can tell you love Jay very much.

Nancy Niederer said...

I love the first kiss story. A whole month...thats pretty rough! I noticed you said you like him from his face down...don't you like his hair? Kidding, of course. The wedding photo with your bouquet, you look so much like your mother- so beautiful! You and your sisters were definately blessed with pretty genes. I like how you refered to "J" as a tornado, I totally know how that feels! Talk to you soon!

Kim said...

I love it...so cute!!!

He sounds like a really good guy & it was a good way to get to know him better. If I have the patience to write such a long post I might have to do this tag...I never do them:)

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Do you realize how pretty you are? That's what I kept thinking as I was reading your blog. Love those wedding pics....(first time i've seen them and I wish that I would have been there.)

Brittney said...

So fun to see pics of you guys dating and your wedding pictures. I was long gone from Idaho by then so I never was around for your courtship. I'm happy that you found such a great guy. You deserve it!