Wednesday, January 7, 2009

A good husband and a little help from Dell...

Sorry my very long post was up for way too long, more of a sole searching post, but I am sure long and boring to many! ; ) Anyway I shouldn't have said anything to hubby about really working hard to save more this next year, as a New Years Resolution. The following day our monitor, and my social world and the way I conduct most of my daily business...started to smoke and making crackling sounds and poof gone. Great! I know, I know, I shouldn't have said it, because just as soon as you say things like that you might as well start writing the checks and kissing your money goodbye...things start breaking down and bills poor in.
So my fast thinking husband got online and found a fabulous deal on Dell.com (this is not an advertisement for Dell but I am quite thankful they had a sale) and got me a new monitor coming before I could even think of suggesting it! They said it would take a week to build and then they would ship so we could see it within the next couple of weeks. Well my monitor arrived today and I am back and going again! I have soooo much to catch up on, since my main way of working with the bank on our new house, finalizing all the last minute odds and ends with the house, and helping my little sister with her wedding plans are happening all via the internet.
Anyway it came today and he somehow got into our room with me in the house on the treadmill and got it set up and surprised me at lunch today!! What a wonderful husband!! This is one of the many reasons why I love that man...it may not be important to him or anyone else but it was to me and he always always makes a point to keep my silly needs in mind and makes things happen just for me!
Thanks Hubby!!!

PS I don't know if you noticed Kimri but I did my own picture this time...I am trying to be brave and figure out photoshop! You did a much much better job on the other photo's it is all I can do to send it too you again and have you help... your fonts look so cute compared to mine!

2 comments:

Kim said...

It looks great! Isn't photoshop so fun???

I want a new computer but I'm waiting for ours to poop....I say that as if I want it to happen.

I love that he set it up without you knowing. How fun!

Audrey said...

It does look great and I think your husband rocks too! He sounds just like my dad! If I REALLY wanted something I knew to just pass it along to good ol' Jay and the sweet little helpful fella made it happen!
I am glad Dell had a deal too! I would have missed you had you been mia much longer!