***WARNING*** I am about to lament... a little.....
Just last night I was cutting "J"'s finger nails and I was holding him on my lap and I notice how big he is getting! : ( It seems like yesterday he was just a little guy and poof it is gone! I can't believe how fast time has flown and how he is getting so old. Next year I send him to Kindergarten and they don't even break them (or me), not even a little. Kindergarten here in the Midwest is all day, yes, all day! I like the idea of half day and it gets me broken in before I completely lose him to school. There is enough time spread from "J" to "Mr. C" that he was my little buddy and loved going everywhere I went. We have had a lot of fun together...
Tonight when I was hugging and kissing him good night I thought to myself there will be one day when he won't want a hug and a kiss, there will be one day that he will want to say his prayers all his own, there will be one day he will read his own book by himself and I hope that one day isn't too soon!







8 comments:
They do grow so fast...it's scary. You blink & they're no longer a baby.
All day kindergarten...that'd be so hard. No baby steps for you:)
You're a great mom.
I know what you mean! I can't believe how fast they grow up! Both the kids b-days are in a couple of weeks and I don't know if I'm ready for that!
It is so funny that you posted this today. I just wrote a post last night about this. I will let you know when it is up -- it will be on a different blog that I contribute to.
But you're right, so fast and they won't want to play with us anymore. Sigh.
You know the day is coming that he will be as independent as his momma. That just means you enjoy and savor this wonderful moments even more now. He will always be your little boy...no matter how big he gets.
You are a great mom...I love reading your blogs about your little fellas.
He is such a handsome little man. Yes they do grow up so fast. You are going to like Kindergarten all day in the long run...they did that at a school I taught at and the kids did exceptionally well. Their test scores and performance was far better than other schools that did half day. No doubt...it will be hard to have him gone the whole day though.
His blonde curls are gone! Noooo! You know, after the first week or two, I am sure you (and Jayson) will be happy with Kindergarten. Its hard to see them grow, but its exciting too, huh? Sometimes I wonder were our boys will go to college or on their missions. Life on earth moves pretty fast, I am glad this is only a part of our eternal journey. Miss ya!
We have full day kindergarten as well. It's a big transition to go from 3 days of 1/2 day preschool to five full days. I miss having Ky around, she was my little sidekick for so long. I know that Little Man misses her too. he doesn't have a little playmate anymore (except me, and I'm just not as fun as his sister). :)
Post a Comment