Saturday, November 8, 2008

Tagged Again...

Well I guess if you tag someone you had better be prepared to get tagged back.... Thanks JaLae for passing the curse on! ; )

4 Songs I loved as a child that I still adore...

1. Some Day My Prince Will Come (obviously he came but I still like it)
2. Tonight She Comes (by the good ole Cars)
3. I think We are Alone Now (Yep, Tiffany)
4. From a Distance (Bette Midler, Ok my siblings use to get so mad at me because I played it over and over again!)

4 Friends I had as a child that I still keep in touch with...
(OK let me preface this with a note that I assumed earliest childhood friends so elementary school is where I began, I feel I have had so many wonderful people grace my life I started with the very first, this is my pre-Terreton Jr High days. Also I am not disclosing last names for their privacy.)

1. Maelie M (I just loved her name and we both loved Barbies and after family moved we wrote letters she was my little girly VVBFF)
2. Jamie D (She has always been such a true blue friend and we have been through a lot together, always supporting each other even when our lives went separate directions.
3. Herman C (I am so proud of him, he has beat all odds and I will always remember him standing up to me to be nicer to others in elementary school when no one else would).
4. Cade J (Maelie was going to marry Cade and he lived next door to Maelie so naturally we all played beside Cade has always been the nicest person to everyone all the time).

This is my 6th Birthday Party! My whole class was invited but you can see Maelie behind me and behind her is Jamie. Herman is below Jamie in the coat laying across the table. Cade is the only person cut out of the photo...you can see his maroon colored shirt on the right hand side. We all knew each other well because we grew up in a small town and that is the best way to grow up!

4 Weaknesses I had as a Child...

1. This one is hard....I was stubborn and I would fight with my 4th grade teacher and Principal, Mr. Williams.
2. I was very arrogant, I wish I had been kinder to all.
3. I loved to play and be social but hated homework.
4. I remember being not the kindest person and although I said sorry to some I wish I wouldn't have been so "cliquie" and loved all.

4 Strengths I had as a child...

1. I knew I was loved. Some may have called it spoiled, oh well!
2. I came from a home that had a mom and a dad that supported me and loved me and made my dreams happen.
3. I was taught how to work (of course never to the level my siblings seem to remember : ) ).
4. I knew how to negotiate with my teacher...I could buffalo them easily....maybe that was a weakness too.

4 People I want to answer these questions....
( I am going to try to pick different people than the last tag)

1. I know that she has very little time but I would love to hear from Kristie...
2. Kimri
3. Mandy
4. Dani

Have fun Ladies! It is pretty funny to go down memory lane!

6 comments:

Brittney said...

Tiffany...I think we're alone now...what a flashback to the 80's. Loved it too!

And I love to hear that you were stubborn as a child and would fight with your teacher. I just can't picture that one! :)

Becca's Blog said...

Those are fun things to read about you Holly! You are the sweetest person I know so I'm sure if you were ever mean (which I know you weren't, all is forgiven!!) So good to talk to you today. Wish we could talk longer and that life wasn't so busy! Love ya. :)

John and Danielle said...

Can you believe tha tI have never been tagged?? I'll get around to it!

Nancy Niederer said...

I remember my sister Rebekah had a Tiffany cassett, and she'd let me sit on her floor while she listened to it doing her homework. I always wanted to have that cute side pony tail and jean jacket like Tiffany. Looked like a fun party, I never really had more than a few friends over for a birthday, and even then it usually ended in disater. Great photo - priceless!

Kim said...

You tagged me??? What???

I love the picture...that was such a cute addition. It made me start thinking about my younger years:)

I can't picture you being mean. What funny stories!!!

Eric & Penny Kunz Family said...

Holly I never ever remember thinking you were mean and who didn't fight with Mr.Williams? I so enjoyed reading about Maeli,Jamie,Herman and Cade.