So my husband loves to read our blog and loves all your sweet and fun comments. HOWEVER last night he brought up a concern he has about my blog and privacy. Although I have taken some minor privacy steps he is worried that still just anyone can look at our blog. This doesn't mean friends and family who stumble onto us and look and leave without commenting but he means people with bad intentions. Lets be honest the world is fun of some real sick people with time on their hands. So we are thinking about going private...just like our house blog. Just an thought we are tossing around. I know my brother Jake is reading this and is shaking his heading saying "there she goes again being an afraidy cat," but I never want to be in the middle of a nightmare and find it could have been prevented. So we would love to hear your opinions via the comments or our e-mail. We wouldn't close the blog we would just add the sign in measure and only those who have been invited could see our blog. Something that I am currently torn on...
What do you think go private or all is well???
Monday, November 10, 2008
Privacy is the issue...
Posted by Holly at 9:46 AM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
I thnk it is sweet that your hubby is being protective of his family. That is his job and he is doing it well. I think that if he has a bad feeling about it than that is what you should go with no matter what any body else thinks. I have wondered about it myself as a matter of fact. I personally don't see how anyone would know where you are but I guess, like you said, there are some weirdos with a lot of time on their hands. If you do go private though I really want to still look at your cute pictures so don't forget about me! :) p.s.. You have a house blog?
Right after I left my comment here I went to another friends blog and this is what she said.
"There's a lot floating around in the the news about the danger of putting a lot of personal information out there on a blog for anyone to see, so in an effort to protect our family, but still continue to share our lives through our blog, we've decided to go private."
So I guess you are not the only one that has concerns.
I totally understand your concerns...I'm always careful mentioning where we live & that type of info but it's sure easy to let something slip.
From the selfish side, I hate it when people go private. It no longer shows up on my blog list when they are updated. I feature I sure miss with those that are private.
Hi Holly! I think those are genuine concerns, and I've had the same thoughts. Maybe if you go private, then we'll all follow! Do what you think is best for you and what you feel most comfortable with. :) Love ya!
Holly, I believe the prudent thing to do would be to go "private".
I have been tossing the idea around of doing the same, for the same reason. Whenever I check my site meter I am always surprised by how many people are getting on my blog, especially when I don't know anyone from the place they are located. It's sad that we even have to worry about that, but that's the day we live in.
If you do go private, I expect an invite. :)
I'm with Kimri...for purely selfish reasons, I like to see the updates at a glance.
One solution that I've seen on other blogs is to remove personal information...kind of like my friend "C Jane", her hubby "Chub" and their son "Chief". It makes reading fun for friends while strangers have no clue who she is and what she is talking about.
That's BS use everyone's alias but blurt out your brother Jake's name. Real nice now I've shut my self in the house not answering the phone or the door. Seriously, buy a gun if some one comes shoot their A__!
Your exposed "brother",
Jake rrr I mean richard noggin
Post a Comment