I quite enjoy my blogging world. It is a much needed break and a much needed chat with good friends and dear family. However I have been so busy doing missionary work with the sister missionaries who arrived this week. We are having some amazing experiences, "my cup runneth over" with blessings. In turn though, time has not been on my side. I have missed posting and after great deliberation we have decided to keep our blog public for the time being but I will be making changes. I love the ideas in not using names but nicknames and not mentioning locations. So I am in the process of going through 60+ posts and changing personal information.
I have so much to catch you up on...
First my parents came for a visit and we loved every minute of it. I think they enjoyed themselves and meeting each person. I also think that Dad really had so much fun going to hubby's work and then his big bass fishing trip with a pro-bass fisherman on the Missouri River. Even though he didn't catch anything he is ready to go again! We would love to have him any time and mom too!
Dad and J at the new house site!
Hubby and my dad talking shop at hubby's work. Yes dad HAD to wear the green hard hat, even if he didn't want to.
Even though harvest for dad was over he couldn't resist trying to get trucks moving faster and getting nervous about the long lines. I think he was really itching to start yelling at people to get moving but he withheld (but I could tell it was killing him).
Second, we had a Branch party at our Branch President's Ranch. We all went on a hayride and enjoyed soup and fun games for the kids!
Baby it's cold outside!
You can tell Mr. C feels like he is the kid off the Christmas Story in all the layers!

All the guys at the fire.
J out looking for his lost article of clothing in the needle in the haystack game. He found his fast but loved playing in the hay.
J was bundled and ready to play!
My mission comp and her daughter on the hayride!

J on the hayride, he loved it!
Third, we have a winner on the contest on our new blog! Check it out: http://grandmasanderskitchentable.blogspot.com/
2 comments:
What a great idea to use nicknames...I should do that. It's always fun to see pictures of your parents. Everytime I see your dad I always think of the good times playing basketball. He probably wanted to wring my neck half the time but I truly do miss the high school years and playing ball. Tell them I said hello. Looks like they all had a great time. I love being with family and it's always a blessing when we can all be brought togther.
How fun to have your parents there for a visit. It's hard to be so far from family, isn't it?
I like your idea for the new blog names. It's fun to have your blog public so that old friends can track you down. :) It has been so fun to be in touch with you again!
I totally agree with your comment about the kid bundled up. He looked fresh from the Christmas Story-hehe!
Post a Comment