Sunday, September 27, 2009

I LOVE Fall!

As a kid growing up on the Land of Milk and Honey I grew to dread Fall. Fall meant "Spud Harvest," which meant my dad would be gone all day and into the night and when school released for Harvest I would have to stop being a girly girl and be a "Tater girl." Although I have fond memories of Tyler Fillmore driving the skid loader up the port-a-potty with our grouchy sight foreman in it- yes even sailor don't know the words he used being trapped in the stinky outhouse, I hated the dirt, wind, late nights, early mornings, getting yelled at and stress of driving an old beater truck that should have been left a long side the road. However, now, I love love love fall. I love that crispness in the air, I love the leaves and the fall foliage, I love the sensations of baking that I get, I even love and miss that earthy dirt smell from living in the Land of Milk and Honey while the potatoes are being harvested. When I drove truck and didn't mess up I loved seeing my dad proud of me, something that I used to dread has now become a fond memory, something I hope to subject my sons to one day-everyone needs to experience potato harvest!!

So as giddy as a school girl I have been slowly decorating for Fall!

WeLcOMe fAlL!!


Our front door! Welcome to our home!

I love black and white!! I love white pumpkins too!

My flower pot now hold pumpkins and squash!

Our entry!

Other side of the entry, my phonograph!

My Halloween house, one group of them...

This is the Trick-or-Treat town and I have to give my hubby the credit here for this brilliant idea. In past years this use to be placed on top of my entertainment center. Well now we have a built in area for our TV and the move was really hard on our entertainment center so it is now firewood!

This was a nice little touch that was added to my Halloween decor this year...I had a little surprise package with the Gap Cowboy's birthday presents... Thanks Nanc!!

7 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

love-love-LOVE it!

Unknown said...

That's funny wanted to write the same post about fall I even have a draft started but don't have any pictures yet, so haven't posted it, Love your decor. The story was funny I could just see Tyler do it too.

Becca's Blog said...

You know already that I think your house is totally adorable! I need to catch your decorating bug now.... wish you were here to help!

Kim said...

So Cute!!!! Lots of decorations. I've just started pulling mine out today but I'm already losing steam. I've got to be in the right mood to make sure it looks right:)

Nancy Niederer said...

yea! I am glad you like the cups. I might get some for me, too! I love your porch and entry way, you always have such a cute entry way. (mine is tiny and non-existent!) The pumpkins in the flower pot was cute, and I like the white pumpkin on the black chair. Good job!

Amy M. said...

I love the way you decorate. You always have decorations for every occasion. You are so talented in this area. Great job.

Brittney said...

I've never been a fall decorator but looking at all of your decorations makes me want to decorate. You've done such a cute job with it all.

As for the spud harvest, I LOVED IT...that is, after it was all over and I had that big paycheck that I could go and blow a bunch of money on clothes. I remember always feeling like I was literally going to freeze to death.

I do have fun memories of Hamer and a certain family out there during spud harvest thought. To think I could have been a farmer's wife! That would be CRRRAAAZZZYYY!:)