The Gap Cowboy just celebrated his 6th birthday! It was such a fun time. I was so brave this year and made the cake myself. I didn't do so good but he asked for a cake that looked like Mr. C's cake. If any of you remember Mr. C's cake was Lightening McQueen and a baker made it. Well here in the rural areas of the Midwest the bakers just laughed at me because it wasn't a white with rose trim wedding cake. I quickly discovered that I would have to tap my inner baker and a do it myself. Well I have a car cake tin so I planned to use the...the night before though the Gap Cowboy informed me that he no longer wanted a car but a green pick-up! So I became inventive and still used the car tin and cut the cake with a knife to shape into a pick-up. I felt like the "Ace of Cakes" but my product didn't turn out like the Ace's cakes! Gosh, next year I think I will try harder to convince him to get a store bought cake- I will stick to house decorating instead of cake decorating. Please be nice about the cake...I am so not a professional and he loved it...that counts for something doesn't it??
![]() |
| Make a Smilebox scrapbook |








6 comments:
I think you did great on the cake! It is so cute! We wish you were closer...Our boys are getting so big...We'll be sending our gift with Lawrence and Marie when they come back...I hope that is okay...I'm kind of cheap right now trying to save for the adoption...Also I am getting you and Jay a group gift for b-days...I'll be giving it on your birthday...hope that is okay...
Kristie
I'm impressed. My cakes usually contain sprinkles & that's about it...I may have throw a toy or two on top.
Looks like he had a really fun birthday! Is that you in one of the pictures bowling...is your hair really that long. I've been growing mine out forever & it's not even close...jealous!
I thought it looked like a pick-up, it was cute. Priceless picture of Jayce with the gun...love it! I'll have to show Brock the smile box on the morning. Your neighborhood looks nice. We only have sidewalks on one side of the street, and its not our side - d'oh! anyway, I am sad that it looks like his curls are gone...he looks so grow up!
looks like u had lots of fun....the cute looks fine and kid would love something made with love.
sorry should say cake looks cute to early in the morning. i read it and just added the words that were missing thinking i typed them...lol
Holy Crap... your cake is AWESOME! Looks like GC had a GREAT birthday! 6 seems so old to me! I wish they would stay this age for a long long time! (and me stay about 23 too)hehe
Post a Comment