We are back from the "Land of Milk and Honey." Pam's wedding was wonderful, beautiful, and such a joy to be a part of. Everything from the shower to the running around finding cute clothes for her cruise to the temple endowment and ceremony to the reception moved like a blur but what wonderful memories for all. My little sister is all grown up in her beautiful wedding gown and she looked like a princess on her very special day. Ryan is a temple worker and so he was able to have the temple president seal them and it was an amazing sealing. He gave such wonderful marital advice and there was such a sweet spirit in the room. I wish everyone could be there to witness such majesty as a temple sealing.

The beautiful Rexburg Temple!

"J" waiting in the coat room off the visitor's waiting room in the temple. I love this picture because so many times it was me as a little kid and young lady awaiting the new bride and groom. It is such a wonderful time for little kids to get to witness such joy and happiness as a newly sealed couple comes out of the temple, happy and sealed for eternity.
Pam and Ryan Barker coming out of the Temple doors! Yay!!!
We were all lined up for a high-five photo opp!
This is the reception at the LDS Church Gym in the "Land of Mild and Honey." Where we are from there are no beautiful hotels or reception centers or homes to rent for the purposes of receptions and since the wind blows 364 days out of the year tents are usually very discouraged. So Pam had the tent put up in the church and it turned out fabulous. (this is where I forgot to turn on my flash)!

Aunt Barb and Cousin Steph helping set up the candy table the night before the wedding. This was just one of the refreshment areas. Pam had Dyla Jaussi (spelling??) do a full service dessert bar with victorian brownies, eclaires, chocolate dipped strawberries, fresh fruit with dip, cheesecake, mint brownies, cups of truffle and Florences chocolates! Oh and this cool drink fountain that the kids got a kick out of filling their glasses for the night. My mouth is watering trying to remember it all. Then in another room their was a full service dinner for the family that was open all night!

This is one of Pam's student's mom. She did an awesome job on the cake, it was beautiful!
This is the Groom's Cake. Mom got this from Cabela's for Pam at Christmas for a joke. It has two hunters on top of brightly colored camo that has a sign that reads "Just Married." Ryan is a hunter so that is where that comes from.

My cute little bug all dressed up in his wedding duds! He is so handsome and proud to be part of the wedding party!
This another view of the reception, the back wall is the table Dyla had the refreshments set up. They were a work of art themselves, I hated eating them because they were so beautiful but only for a minute! ; )

Pam and Ryan with all the kids in the wedding party, the nieces and nephews. My handsome boys are in the yellow shirts!

The guys of the wedding party! My handsome hubby is the one on the far left in his hotty yellow shirt and black tie!!

Pam and my very beautiful aunts Nedra and Phyllis and my very beautiful mom!







11 comments:
you know, even with the flash, a lot of my reception photos are rather "orangey". i did get a really good one of the candy table. i might try to post that one on my blog if I ever get a chance. the weather here is so nice, we have been outside 24/7. i have been cleaning the garage and trying to get the lawn ready to re-seed. there is always so much to do!
Beautiful reception. How fun that you got to come for all the excitement.
You sister looked beautiful too. I bet you are exhausted after all the craziness.
Oh my goodness...everything looked so nice! I love the decors in the gym...that had to be so beautiful!!! Pam is a doll and looked awesome! Glad you had a nice time. Congrats to Pam!
What a beautiful wedding- everyone- especially Pam looked georgous! I wish I could've been there!
How great it looks! Sorry we missed but we have all been sick! Woo Hoo Pam!
Gorgeous! Sounds like Pam went all out and made it a beautiful day.! Thanks for sharing those fun photos. :-D
Just Beautiful! She is one lucky woman!
Wow - either you had your hand in this or Pam is a Martha Stewart fan too.
Simply beautiful.
Thanks for all you nice wishes for Pam, I will make sure she sees your comments when she gets home.
JaLae, Pam actually made the design on this one. However, Martha Stewart was an inspiration in much of it. The idea of the candy table was something she saw and wanted but I sent her a photo of one in her colors to help with some planning. I helped here and there but I really do have to hand it to Pam on this one, this was all her inspiration, planning and dreams.
That temple is so pretty! I love their reception!
Everything looks so classy and beautiful... esp. the bride!
Post a Comment