Ok, so we had the horse of a different color on Saturday and now we have the tornado warning today. I feel like I am living in Kansas or something and I am now waiting for the wicked witch to appear and tell me she wants her red ruby slippers back!
Although our town never saw a tornado they had one touch done 8 miles north of us.
Here are some things that I learned from my first ever tornado warning...
- I am not prepared!
- Although Twister is one of my all time favorite movies AND I thought at one time it would be fun chasing tornadoes- I am no longer a fan now that kids are involved!
- That tornado watch means there could be a tornado and tornado warning means there is a tornado on the ground somewhere...
- Rain does go side-ways. Didn't see the actual horizontal rain but the side ways sheet like rain...nothing like that back in the Land of Milk and Honey.
- That this was early for our town's typical tornado season. Just my luck, there are more and it is starting early! : (
- That maybe it is good to have a radio in the house, because my Direct TV was the first to go out when I was watching for updates!
- The weather channel on the internet is not that fast for blow by blow reports.
- How fast something like that can creep up on you in the middle of the day or night even....
- Everything my brother Jake thinks about me being paranoid and worrisome is 100% true! (there I said it)!
- This move has just moved up on the adventure list for me! But best thing to do is to go down stairs so the kids can keep their mind off of it and to my treadmilling for the day!

This is the first sight I saw, I knew the clouds looked weird
but didn't know until my friend from the Branch called to tell me.









9 comments:
Oh my gosh! I would be so freaked too! You're right- you aren't in Kansas- how scarey! I'm glad everything was ok.
Scarry! That would of freeked me out to! What did the boys think of that?
You made it through- now go and buy that weather radio. You're alright- but just remember that this is the beginning of the tornado season. I'm glad we were albe to talk through the storm.
Crazy clouds! Wait until it gets hot, the sky during some storms really does get bright green..its so creepy! After a few more storms, it gets easier and less stressful. When I was a kid, we'd all pile into the bay window seat and watch the lighting, we loved storms. You'll get used to them.
Would you like me to send you some Red Cross pamplets? Betcha wish you wouldn't have thrown them all away, right?
Oh honey, welcome to the Midwest. Living in Nebraska you will get very accustomed to tornadoes. You'll be fine, I promise. I never got blown over in my 20+ years living out there, you won't either. :)
I hate bad weather...especially tornado's. Glad you are ok...about the worrying...you are not alone in that field...it has become a family joke about how aweful I am at worrying. My grandma always said "When you worry, you suffer it twice" It still didn't stop me. Hope you see better weather days.
How is your honey faring? I know he has a fondness for tornadoes.....:D
That is scary....Was your oldest freaked out at all?
We hope you are doing well!
I am so glad everything was okay, I was freaked out for you when I talked to you on the phone!
Post a Comment