Monday, February 23, 2009

I am sooooo embarrassed!

Ok, so I have these maps on my blog for security purposes, yes Jake I am still at it again-worry- worry- worry! On Saturday day I noticed on the Map Loco that someone in Pacific Junction Iowa was looking at our blog. I have been really busy lately and haven't been keeping my blog up like I like to but I do check in to see who has commented and who is looking, so I know my effort is all for nothing. So when I saw Pacific Junction pop up I thought to myself, I know no one from there.... So I started checking it more and more and today I noticed they were on at the same time I was and I just thought what sicko is looking so much at our blog!?
Come to find out my blog stalker has been identified....it is me! Our service from Qwest come out of Omaha so usually it says Omaha. I know Omaha is a ways away and Pacific Junction if you google map it is just over the border south of Omaha. So our service office must have moved or something but Pacific Junction Iowa is me not some sicko.
However it does still raise a concern because anyone can do it but I am not yet going to make this blog private. First for my mom due to her struggle with technology and passwords and the other is selfish because I have heard that once people go private everyone forgets about them. So for right now the stalker has been caught and I am feeling safer and I will keep it open for all!

10 comments:

G-mom said...

be sure to invite me!!

Kim said...

Ah man!!! Just to let you know...sometimes those don't map it correctly. My sister Jenna in Utah always showed up as Minnesota. I'm not sure how those trackers work.

My email I use for blogger is kimripowell@hotmail.com so include that & not my other:)

Shannon and Doug said...

No worries! I don't blame you at all. I have been playing around with the idea too. My e-mail is shannon_righter@yahoo.com I would love to see your house blog too!

Sherrie said...

I understand completely! Please invite me in with this email: thuesherr98@yahoo.com

:)

stoner said...

My friend has gone private and likes it. However, her only complaint is that when your private, your posts aren't updated on other people's pages. So, she will make it unprivate for a bit to update the pages and then switch it again. Good luck!

Maegan said...

I am thinking about the same thing. Someone left a comment on my blog and I am wondering who it is from. maegan.tsantis@gmail.com

stoner said...

That is hilarious! I admit that I have been guilty of similar things. I am just not honest enough to admit it! :D

Audrey said...

That is sooo funny Holly! It is seriously so something I would do!
I am glad you aren't going private quite yet. I have a few friends that are and it is true, I forget to look at their blog regularly! BUT if and when you do... please invite me! I love your blog and I think your boys are ADORABLE and would be sad not to see their cute moments!
How is the house coming along? I need to head on over to your house blog, now that I think of it!
I bet you are a busy busy gal right now... good luck with everything!

jakeniederer said...

my goodenss you bunch of ninnys, the only protection you need is a good 45 colt or handy shotgun, it takes less time to manage and is more fun

Melissa & J.D. said...

Good ol' Jake and his ways to handle a stalker...I like his style! If you do go private please make sure to include me...i promise I won't forget to check in on you. I have a couple of friends that are private and i just go down the list when I'm blog stalking...lol
I loved the pictures from Pam's bridal shower...looks like lots of fun. Wish I could see you while you are here.