I am a farm girl, and I know of the story of the evil middle man that gets rich off the poor farmer. Well I am married to the "middle" man, however, this middle man is not necessarily the farmer's enemy but I feel he has done an awesome job helping his farmers this year! As a daughter of a farmer I am so proud of his effort even if they ended up not helping him, he took one for the farmers. Here's the story...
Harvest this year has not been nice to any farmer across the board, with us fasting for dad to get his spuds out of the ground with a frost and snow situation and then our poor farmers here with all the rain, snow, and clouds, our poor farmers are so behind on harvest. My good husband took wet soybeans for the farmers hoping it wouldn't bite him in the end but it did. Over the weekend he had a bean train and it failed for the first time in this facilities history, due to the moisture. All is well though because the extreme moisture circumstance has left his company no choice but help the farmer and take one for the farmer.
Then the sun showed up with a bit of wind after wet...wet...wet. Yesterday I got a call from a friend and she told me I had to come and look at how many trucks were at Cargill. They were lined up on the highway even...my hubby, at a Manager's title became traffic controller and started to move the line two by two to the pit. Still the line was so long with all his efforts of directing traffic and all hands on deck inside at the pits and scales. When he finally go home last night around 11:00 he reported they had dumped 272 trucks, 3/4s of them after 3:00 p.m. Cargill usually shuts trucks off at 8:00 p.m. and the trucks are left sitting over night in line but he made his whole crew stay until every last truck was dumped just for the farmer!
We are so proud of all his hard work and taking one for the farmer this harvest, it isn't even over yet....they haven't even gotten to their corn and this is soooo late for them!


My Boys...
My boys are just the cutest and it is so fun to be a mom of boys. Their smile and love are contagious and they just love and live life to the fullest!
The Gap Cowboy and Mr. C are so fun to watch! Enjoy these photos of some fun family down time outside in the wet/cold playing with the Cowboy's new remote control Gator.

Mr. C is such a fast little cutie, it is hard to snap a picture of this little speedie!P.S.










10 comments:
Sorry! I can't figure out how to get the last smaller! I will work on it so if you check back and it is normal size again I got it figured out! ; )
Haaa... I was wondering if it was just my comp that was reading it so big and shoved together or what?! I will check back...
Jay is a big stud to help out the farmers like that! We need more good hearted, nice people like him in this world!
Cute pics of the little fella's!
That's funny I thought you did like that on purpose.....That's great your hubby is so willing to help the farmers. Sounds like the church is really growing there must be the great missionary leaders.
It sounds like your hubby is a great guy & goes the extra mile. I'm sure it's hard for you to have him gone so long but it sounds like he's doing something important.
I'll have to check back later on the rest since I couldn't read it:) Hopefully life slows down for you:)
Kimri
Wahoooooo! I finally figured it out. I had changed the font size so much that I had to go in the other edit mode to get it to normal size! So sorry I hope you all can read it now!
Thanks for all your sweet comments about my hubby!! Adore that man too!
Congratulations- do you feel like you've been through a wild and crazy game- and now you've won the prize. I'm so impressed with how both of you work so hard. Great job to both of you.
Wow...you have been busy! It's good to have an update on you. Thanks for being such a fun blogger :)
I am sure that will keep the farmers coming to cargill. That was A LOT of trucks. bet that was a long day! I am so proud of your missionary efforts - great job harvesting the field, you have your own trucks lining up too!
Don't feel bad Holly, I still haven't done a birthday party for my 9-year old...her birthday was in June.:) It's amazing how busy life can get sometimes. I constantly have to remind myself of the good, better, best or I find myself completely overwhelmed by the demands of life.
That's exciting about all of the missionary work going on there. We go through spurts (right now we're having an off moment). Guess I need to be a better missionary myself.
I always love reading and seeing pictures of your family. Just need more of YOU Miss Holly!! Have a great week!
Post a Comment