Tuesday, October 27, 2009

Check another item off the list...the Halloween Birthday Party!

For over a month I have promised a birthday party to the Gap Cowboy. After being so busy and really not feeling like I wanted to deal with the mess we did it. I had him invite the boys from his Kindergarten class. It was hard to decide who and how to invite. The list was long of who we wanted to come but I had to be selective because how many Kindergartners could I really handle? So I asked Jayson who he wanted to come and he named off some boys in his class. It then was decided to invite the boys in his class and a couple neighbor boys he played with all summer.
However, week after week went by and finally he came home one day and announced that he had told his friends at school he was going to have a birthday party. It was official, it was going to happen whether I wanted the mess or not!
It was actually rather fun, and since I kept the group down it was not an overload on me. Our unfinished basement provided the perfect backdrop for a spooky Halloween party! Glad it is over onto the next item on the check list!

Click to play this Smilebox slideshow:
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

3 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

hey, great decorating, like always. looked like a hit! Jayson looks cute in his costume. good job!

Amy M. said...

So impressive Hol. Great job decorating. You should go into business. Looks like the kids liked it too.

Brittney said...

I'm completely impressed with the cupcakes. They look awesome! Jenna and Kim are good at decorating them too but that's just never been my cup of tea.