Excuses are just that...excuses but I have a whole list of them! I am sorry I have been a slacker blogger. My comments have been few and so have been my posts. When time has been free I have looked at each of your blogs but I have been what my friend Kim referred to as the Lurker...the blog visitor that doesn't leave a comment. Hey, but I have been looking and trying to see what you have all been up to and your summer fun.
So here is what we have been up to, my list of excuses...
1. Our Garden!
We gathered enough peas to make Creamed Peas and Potatoes! Thanks to my dad we have had quite the garden! We are still getting peas and beans. Tomatoes are one and our corn is out of this world but hey we are in corn country! Hopefully my squash and pumpkins pull out of it and I could have quite the crops!
Yummy!!! The Gap Cowboy was so pleased with our hard work. Has been helping with all the weeding and picking. I didn't have to even ask for his help. I was quite pleased he was always pushing me out there to get to work and excited to help.2. Swim Lessons
I made the Gap Cowboy take level 1 over again. I felt he wasn't ready for level 2 even though he passed last year. I just felt like he didn't get it last year and they were too nice to pass him. This year he really got in and tried hard and wanted to learn to swim. It is amazing what a year can do for him and his learning and listening level. He loved it and he loved his coaches!3. Summerfest and the Rodeo
The Gap Cowboy watching the Rodeo. Yes, he is in Gap jeans and a Gap surfer shirt with a brown handkerchief and cowboy boots...I am holding the hat.
The Summerfest book parade. The Gap Cowboy picked his favorite book character from the Toughest Cowboy and rode his 4-wheeler in the parade.
4. Harvest and preparations for harvest has hit...
This is a picture of the fire department doing a safety walk through with Jay and his crew. The kids wanted to see the fire trucks so I took them during their meeting. Wheat harvest is under way and they have been slammed with higher than predicted yields and high protein wheat! Very good for Hubby's elevator!! Bad for me, we don't see him very much! : (
The Summerfest book parade. The Gap Cowboy picked his favorite book character from the Toughest Cowboy and rode his 4-wheeler in the parade.4. Harvest and preparations for harvest has hit...
This is a picture of the fire department doing a safety walk through with Jay and his crew. The kids wanted to see the fire trucks so I took them during their meeting. Wheat harvest is under way and they have been slammed with higher than predicted yields and high protein wheat! Very good for Hubby's elevator!! Bad for me, we don't see him very much! : (So my excuse is this, we have been busy running everywhere. Busy in every aspect just when we think things will slow it heats up again. So I am sorry I haven't been ignoring any of you and love the comments you have left for me. I hope more of you "lurkers" leave comments. It is a joy to hear from you and I will try to do better....after our very large vacation, that is!







7 comments:
It sounds like you've been busy!
Gap Cowboy is super cute on his 4-wheeler in the parade.
I'm jealous of your garden. Ours isn't giving us a lot...I think we might live off of corn & squash & that's it.
can't wait to see your pumpkins!
Wow super fun and busy!! We're moms though... we are always busy!! Just post when you can. I am a lurker too. I let my stuff pile up and then dump a few posts at once. I can't believe how big the gap cowboy is getting!! he is looking like a man these days!! miss ya!!
One post is better than none. love the garden and especially the cream peas and potatos you get to eat that is the best. My kids usually eat all the peas. Go buy that kid some wranglers. lol
Wew...that made me tired just reading it!
You go girl.
Wow. Summer time goes by so fast! It seems like I always am doing something, but then when I stop and think about what I have done I can't think of one thing! Our garden is treating us pretty well; somethings more than others.
Those all sound like good excuses to me for being a blog "slacker"! :) It doesn't seem like life ever slows down, does it?
Post a Comment