The Prophet said to plant a garden so that is just what dad and the Gap Cowboy did! I am so relieved. I have been worrying about getting one in and Dad just shows up and in a matter of hours he has everything done, including renting a tractor with a "tiller" (as the Gap Cowboy calls it). I love how dad just sees a need and jumps in without having to be asked and gets it done. I now have corn, peas, beans, squash, tomatoes, cabbage, zucchini and pumpkins. Onions to come next hopefully...Thanks Dad!
Pop has always had a special place in his heart for fishing. Although time and family has prevented him from doing this hobby more he still has the beautiful cast. I loved to just watch him. The Gap Cowboy just loves to fish and loved this trip with Pop ( he has a trip planned to fish with hubby's dad coming up soon). What a special time for a boy, fishing with his Pop and his dad!
Mom was a trooper even though she was freezing and fishing has never been her thing! I think she and Mr. C felt the same way about it...
Yep, that is the look of I am ready to go home!
The Gap Cowboy and his friends fishing while sitting on a log.
Hubby proud of his catch, he had 7 or 8!
Finally we ended with a visit to the miniature donkey family. Radar and Lilly, that is the mom and dad donkey, had a baby and Pop and the boys sure get a kick out of them!







10 comments:
I had some catching up to do... and boy does it sound/look like you guys have been busy and loving life!
How fun that your parents got to come for a visit! I remember when we lived in Wisconsin, that is what kept me going! The visits from family!
Also, can you please tell Cupcake (your dad) to get on over to my house and work his magic?!? I wanna garden that looks like yours!
such cute pictures. You look like your having fun with your family. my kids love when their grandparents come. Glad you got a garden I'm sure it was something for your dad to do while you and your mom do all that girly stuff! lol
That is a serious tiller. I needed one of those for my garden.
It looks like you had fun. How nice for them to come visit.
That looks so fun! I'm glad you got your garden in and got to see your parents! That is really exciting!
Carson is so cute even if he has a sad face!
We have missed you... We have a picture of "Hubby" when he was little holding his first fish with that same expression on his face (almost)!
It is exciting to see your wonderful times!
It is about time you updated your blog...we would love some pictures of the house. Also you may think you have a garden in, but what until you have to water and weed and harvest until you are dead! ha! Have fun with that...do you have someone watching it when you come? Otherwise it will die! It is like owning a dairy...you can't leave it! Good luck!
Kristie
I am so glad you guys got out and had fun! all we did was go to church and buy doughnuts! i felt bad for your parents, they must have been sooo bored. Anyway, great pics, i can't wait to see you guys, Jayson looks so grown up. Time sure flies!
Do you think that your dad could stop in SLC before heading home to Ida-ho?! I need help with my garden!
Thanks to all for your sweet comments!
Audrey, the "Burg" is not too far from dad that he could stop over on a Saturday and help you!
JaLae, SLC is probably stretching it but if you moved to the area of the Land of Milk and Honey Dad would totally help.
Grammy, I would love a copy of that picture of hubby and his first fish! I am sure it is so cute! We miss you guys too and when Pop and Gran left the Gap Cowboy asked when you guys were coming!
Kris, we are already working out the details of our trip, possibly enlisting the help of a couple of good friends AND a sprinkler system! Fingers crossed all should be fine when we get home! ; )
Nanc, we are excited to see you guys too!
Holly...please send your dad to my house. I have plenty of chores that will keep him busy!
Your honey looks adorable with his gigantic fishy! Did he make that cute face when he ate it later?
Post a Comment