Monday, June 15, 2009

Small Towns

There is a certain beauty and nostalgia about a small town. Our new home town nestled in the Midwest is full of character, activities and scenery I sometimes feel belong in a book or a movie...Shazammmm...I am in Mayberry...
Its quaintness I find very refreshing. It has been a whole new experience living in this little town. One such experience was the Carnival coming to town. It was very reminiscent of small town life, young country kiddos running around the Midway and rides. I felt like I had been zapped back in the the movie "State Fair" or "Wild Hearts Can't Be Broken." When the Carnival comes to town for the hard working farming communities and everyone goes to the carnival because that is all that is shaking to the small town. It makes you appreciate the small things in life.
I grew up a small town girl so I get a thrill out of this kind of life for my kids! Enjoy the pictures of our Carnival fun. We did come a little early to avoid the evening crowds.


Click to play this Smilebox slideshow: Carinval 2009
Create your own slideshow - Powered by Smilebox
Make a Smilebox slideshow

6 comments:

mickelsenfamily said...

So fun! I love the small town feel. Sometime I really crave it.

Nancy Niederer said...

that smile box thing is cute, good job! the carnival looked fun. Allis loves those big slides, I am glad Jayson went through with it, did he like it? cute pictures!

Kim said...

My computer isn't allowing me to view the pictures but I'm totally imagining it. Sometimes I want to live in that simpler time. It sounds like it is so fun & simple:) Maybe I'll be able to check the pictures out later.

stoner said...

I enjoyed your pictures. It looks like you had a fun time.

We had a pseudo carnival come last weekend and the rides looked scary and the carnies operating the rides looked even scarier.

"Only two things scare me and one of them is nuclear war. The other is carnies." Ask your big honey if he knows what movie I am quoting! :D

Grammy Pilgrim said...

It was so fun to see your carnival photos. Little "C" looked like he was in Wonderland. All children should have so much fun. Love Ya!

Audrey said...

How fun/charming is that?!?! No wonder you love it there!