I don't know if it was because we were going through all the house mess and moving mess or what but last Saturday was the Cowboy's last soccer game. It has really flown fast! I can't believe it is already over!
He did really well this season and instead of helping pick dandelions on the sidelines like last year he got in there and played hard and averaged about 2-3 goals a game. I know this is going to sound bad but I loved it secretly when he would get mad at his turn to sit out and when the coach would ask who wanted to play he would be the first to always yell and raise his hand to play. I know, my dad is thinking not to encourage bad attitudes, so I did what he would have me say and I told him to be happy for his teammates playing and to cheer for them while they played, a good sportsmanship lesson for him (me too). Let's be honest though, who really wants to see their kid happy to sit on the sidelines. What parent is like, "Tommy is so sweet for giving up his spot so easily to let his teammates play?" Well I was the parent secretly saying to myself good, he has the fire and desire and determination and I am glad he is mad!

The Cowboy ready to throw in the ball! That was about the only time I could get a good picture since he was on the move so much!
Going for the ball, he was always getting in there not afraid to go for the ball.
We are finally able to say we are settling. Finally opening boxes and seeing some old precious things, like pictures and it has felt like Christmas all over again for the whole family. We are really liking our new neighborhood, new life, new home, new job, new branch family and new town. However, we so miss our dear family and friends and now that our home is finished I can officially say, you are all welcome anytime! We would love to have you stay with us and come for a visit! We love you all and miss you and thank you for your support, love and prayers!







5 comments:
when i was a kid my mom always talked about how time went fast, and in grade school, it seems like eons before next Christmas or summer break. Now I realize she was right!
Holly you are a great mom! I love how you write about your boys. Congrats to you and your family...a year does go fast but you have filled it with wonderful memories.
I'm surprised by how green your grass is there where you have such harsh winters. Our grass isn't even that green yet.
I'm glad you enjoyed the soccer season. I enjoy it when I'm not chasing a baby on the sidelines. It is such a treat to watch your kids excel in life though, and I agree...it is tough to watch your kids sitting on the sidelines. That's not what you came for! :)
Wow...a whole year but how exciting. Overwelming too!
The soccer pics are adoreable & it sounds like he's pretty good too!
Britt,
It is so humid and wet here and that is why it is so green. We do have cold winters but it is so green and pretty here up until it dies in late Septemberish-Octoberish. I love the green too!
Post a Comment