I have no idea how I missed this but today is the first day I have heard about the awful flooding in Nashville. As soon as I caught wind of the floods I called my friends who live there and made sure they were ok, which thankfully they are, then I started to go threw the pictures. I am stunned that such a beautiful place that we JUST visited last August is now under water and seriously damaged. The Opryland Hotel we stayed in was evacuated and the 1st floor under water, the beautiful gardens all under dark greenish gross water. That hotel was sooo nice, so splendid! I am so sad! Then to see the Opry Mills shopping center and the The Grand Ole' Opry itself under water! We just posed for pictures and walked and drove around that whole area, now under water!
Here are the before and after (some pics are ones I took on our trip and the others are from Yahoo)...
This is a view of inside of the Opryland hotel gardens, they are all over the hotel and so beautiful and fun shops all over too.

I don't have a picture of this area from before but Carson and I got lost and came out onto these very steps to figure out where we were. It is so crazy to see this now!
This is a view of the Opry Mills shopping area and the General Jackson Showboat. We just saw this river boat and the loading area, would have loved to have gone on it but there wasn't enough time!











3 comments:
Wow....I missed it too!
That really is beautiful, it's too bad. Hopefully they can recover soon!
I love your tulips below:)
Kimri
Want to go on disaster assignment.
We're looking for Family Services Caseworkers.
Free trip back....
You would totally tempt me! How long??
Post a Comment