Monday, May 17, 2010

End of Year Carnival

So about a month of ago, the Gap Cowboy's teacher came up to me after school one day...said she needed to talk to me....Should have ran....should have ran big time....She asked me to head the end of year Kindergarten Carnival. At first I was honored, out of all the mom's and room mom's this year they picked me. WOW! Right?? Nope, I was the only mom who had a first time Kindergartner so I knew not what I was getting myself into so they knew I would say yes!
Well in keeping with tradition of my family I did the Carnival BIG...I "one upped" everything! I was going to make it all so memorable for my kid.
Well we did just that and although I have been so exhausted we had a wonderful time and the carnival turned out wonderful. I had help though, some fabulous mom's that knew what they were doing! We also had a bounce house all the way from Kansas and petting zoo and horse drawn carriage rides and a horsey-go-round. So fun and all the kids were so cute and thankful!
The best reward for all my hard work, my little boy came up to me after it was all said and done and said: "Mom thanks for all the hard work you did for me and my class! I loved it all and had so much fun!" And that my friends is why I go BIG and get in over my head; he is over 4ft tall, blue eyes, and brown hair and just as sweet and cute as can be, he is my boy and I made his day!

Bowling first....



Gap Cowboy's teacher, the taller one, he loves her!
She has been really good for him!


The Clown!

The Cowboy's picnic!


Hot dog time!


The bounce house, thanks Nancy and Jake!

The Cowboy's best buddy!

The Cowboy's first and only school bus ride this year. They don't bus here so this was a special treat for him!

3 comments:

Kim said...

Wow...I'm definately impressed.

Way to put everything into it. I'm sure "gap cowboy" will appreciate & always have it as a great memory. What a great mom!

Nancy Niederer said...

so glad it was fun with good weather too...today is Brock's "fun in the sun" day, and its cold and rainy, but they moved it indoors, maybe next year will be sunny! looking forward to seeing you guys at the cabin trip!

Unknown said...

You really do know how 2 throw a party!! I expect great results at the class reunion....haha