Sunday, May 9, 2010

Dear Mom

My Grandma taught me the value of a good poem. These I dedicate to my mom and mother-in-law.

To my Mom:

Mothers are the place that we call home.
On them we rest our heads and close our eyes.
There's no one else who grants the same soft peace,
Happiness, contentment, sweet release,
Erasing nighttime tears with lullabies,
Restoring the bright sun that makes us bloom.



To Jay's Mom:

You are the other mother I received,
the day I wed your son.
And I just want to thank you,
For the loving things you've done.
You've given me a gracious man,
with whom I share my life.
You are his lovely mother,
and I his lucky wife!
You use to pat his little head,
And now I hold his hand.
You raised in love a little boy,
and then gave me the man.

3 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

I like the poems. Also, the tulips and police car info - I bet the cop car pics could make for a funny Christmas card. Guess it has been a while since I looked at your blog. I am kind of getting over mine. Just seems like a lot of work for no one to look at. Jake doesn't even really read it anymore. People say its a good journal, but I am sure someday blogspot will disappear and then there goes my journal. I am leaning more toward the digital books. But I can't seem to get started - I am such a slacker!

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Love this post. You are a great mom - and now I know why.

You follow in some big shoes.

Hope your day is everything you deserve my friend. Love you!

Grammy Pilgrim said...

Beautiful. I am grateful for you, too. Thanks so much!