I need you all to help me with a project...I am preparing to paint a that chalkboard paint on to the Gap Cowboy's wall. So here is where I need your creative and tasteful help:
You vote and I will go with what wins!
Choice A:
Paint the whole wall. Like this picture from pottery barn but not hang anything on it just give him a large blank canvas.
Or...
Choice B:
Frame it in with side boards to make it look like the above middle chalkboard. (Just side boards, I am not talented enough to do the house thing).
Or...
Choice C:
(Sorry no picture) Paint about 4 feet up and separate the paint lines with a sideboard. Hope that is clear so you can get a picture of that...My worry is with this choice I would have to paint around the whole room...
Tuesday, January 19, 2010
Your Vote Will Count Here!
Posted by Holly at 10:20 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







8 comments:
I will share what I learned in a similar attempt. I painted a wall in my toy room. I thought it'd be fun to have a full wall to write on. Problem...the texture. You want a completely flat surface so if you don't I recommend the 2nd. They are both adorable so you can't go wrong:) I've now repainted over it.
Also, try to get a chalk that best matches your carpet. You will have a lot of chalk dust. I learned the hard way with blue chalk...it got in my light carpet.
Kimri
ooo what a cute idea! I think the first one is darling but if you want to be more practical I would go with choice B because he is only going to be able to reach so high. If you go with choice A then he really wont use all that space to color. Not that it really matters but that is why I would go with choice B
I saw a show recently on HGTV where they did a kids' play room and they opted for something like choice #3. They framed it out on the one wall (all 4 sides) and only had it half way up so it was easy to reach for the kids. It looked really cute. All your options looked great and you have fantastic taste so you can't go wrong! Good luck and have fun and don't forget to tell us which one you pick!!
having had a wall chalkboard, I would go with option 2 - smaller area to clean and when it no longer erases as well, easier to repaint! and a flat texture is very important! Have fun!
frame it! its a mess! the whole wall would just be a big mess, it never looks like the magazine unless he never writes on it. so, if you think he will actually use the chalk - just do the small frammed portions. then when Jayce stops using it often, you can move into carson's room or the basement without having to repaint. your brave, i only allow chalk outside and they still come in covered in it! haha!
I vote for a removable chalk board that has a tray to catch the chalk dust. The painted wall is attractive, but would be hard to cover when you want to pain over it. And, a lot of chalk dust in the carpet might be a frustration. Good luck!
Option B. My mom did this....and we still drove her nuts! I can't believe the mayhem we could have caused if she would have let us write on the actual wall. In a really, really large space!
Besides, wouldn't this be kind of confusing for a kid? We teach them not to write on walls, buildings, freeway overpasses....
I think just doing one big wall would be so fun for him. That's a huge canvas for a little boy's imagination to really come alive.
Make sure you post the finished product. I love this idea and thought about doing it once but then I priced it. The chalkboard paint is EXPENSIVE!
Post a Comment