Thursday, January 14, 2010

Can I get a do over?

Excuses are just that, excuses...So I won't start into them however I do want to start my new Year over and on the right foot.
Instead of starting my new Year like I do every year, with setting my goals and resolutions and a bit of reflection. It is a way I have started my New Year since I can remember, something I love and cherish. It is so beneficial for me because I learn from my past, I think what can I do better and I move on, it is so healing especially if you have learned a particular lesson that year. So since it is like January 14th and I still haven't done it and I feel like I have been running and running...I would so like to just stop, breath...and get a "do over." Fresh start tonight....tonight I will sit down and do my tradition, organize myself and plan and look forward from then on...
We have been busy and 2009 has been tough and good and tough and wonderful- wonderful memories. Here are a few of my faves 2009:

1. Our House is COMPLETE (FINALLY)!


I am thoroughly enjoying decorating everything from the front door to the banister. I have a lot of fun projects planned for this winter as well! Stay tuned!

2. Road Trips


Nauvoo

Mississippi River Cruise

Chicago and surrounding Illinois Areas

Indiana, Kentucky, and Nashville Tennessee

We jumped in the car with hubby everywhere his job took him this past year. We have seen some fun and new (some not new to me) sites! We look back with fond memories taking our boys to Nauvoo and Carthage. It was so fun to see my boys in such large cities such as Chicago and Nashville. I am determined to teach them how to navigate the big and small reaches of the world. We also get to run around our state and explore it whenever he goes.

3. Cabin Trip (After missing 2008 it was good to be back)!

It is so fun to see my boys make these memories. To be out in the beauty I grew up with and to visit a favorite area from my childhood.

4. My Garden
Thanks to my dad!

My wonderful bounty!

I have always wanted a garden but let the logistics of getting one overwhelm me and then I just ended up coveting someone's garden the rest of the summer. Finally my dad stepped in and I took charge and got me a tractor to smooth the dirt when out and got me seed and just started planting!!! It was a complete joy to cook with food I grew...I even didn't mind the weeding. My garden was just the right size to weed. I am so excited for this next year that I am already planning my garden...I got my seed catalog in the mail just last week and it made me start planning. Now I don't think I have a big enough one! Thanks dad, it has really blessed my family, it has was so wonderful to have fresh produce that I grew and to teach Jayson how to raise food and work.

5. Special Visitors!!
For the first time we had hubby's family for a visit!

Mr. C was a fan of his Grandpa's being around!


I love having my mom for a visit!

One for the memory books, fishing with Pop!

It is such a joy to have family and friends visit. We feel that we have so much to show people so it was a complete joy to have so many special visitors. With the hopes to have more this year! (Come on guys start planning your family trips)!

6. Pam and Ryan's WeddingThe last and final from my family! My parents are done paying for over priced white dresses and fresh never in season hard to find flowers flown in from the far reaches of the world... It was so fun to be involved and do the shower. What fun to be at their ceiling, it reminds you to be a better couple too!

7. Small Town Living
The Gap Cowboy participating in his first branding...little shy at first but he dug in and "cowboyed up!"
Springs little chicks!

A horse of a different color-St Patty's day parade!

Small town Carnival

Hubby took a country girl and put her in the city where she got use to the close proximity to stores she has grown to love- Target, Costco, WalMart, and anything in a MALL! Then he took this country gone city girl back to the country. Not going to lie but there are a lot of days I miss a larger city but when I look through my pictures of the small town life and all my boys are experiencing maybe this move wasn't for me but for my boys because they love it! And as I looked back through my pictures, we are really making some fun memories in the country!

8. Making new friends



The Rowes!


The Akindas (this is Gloria helping a very muddy rock eating Carson)


The Gap Cowboy's new school buddies!

Make new friends but keep the old! We have been blessed to find good friends where ever we go! We have made some very fun memories with the Rowse family. From fishing to summer BBQs and fire pit fun to game nights. We have also gotten to know our neighbors across the street. Our boys love the Akindas. Mr. C loves Gloria and will run up to her and give her a hug. For Christmas we got them a small angel ornament for Gloria because she is always watching out for them, especially Mr. C. We have met other fun families but don't have pictures...better do better this year!

9. Two Tray Days!

We have seen so many be baptized this year. I am so blessed to have been involved with this work. I was released as Missionary and put in as YW President...it was bittersweet. When everyone is at our Branch President and my husband call it a "Two Tray Day!" (because we will actually use two Sacrament trays instead of one).

10. First Day of School (Bittersweet-but more bitter than sweet but has turned out a good memory)

This year I have learned...life is good, at times it can be hard but can become what you look back and think, "now that wasn't so bad...lets do it all over again!"
May each of you have a wonderful 2010!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you had a great year! we miss you and hope you have another great year!

mickelsenfamily said...

Wow! What fun hightlights! Here's to another great year!

Brittney said...

Wow, that's a serious garden with the tractor and all-puts mine to shame. Your produce looks great!

I'm sure you're such a blessing to the girls in YW with your talent and personality.

That's funny about the "two tray". I can't imagine living in such a remote area like that. I'm sure you grow pretty close-knit though.

Amy M. said...

You have had a good year- you are richly blessed in many ways.
And you visited me too- wish we had taken pictures together to prove it.