Sunday, November 15, 2009

Deer Hunting: Opening Day


No this is not a live deer tangled in my neighbor's basketball hoop, and no he is not practicing for a position on the LA Laker's team, however he is a most unfortunate deer that met his end on opening day of deer hunting. Now I know people hunt, I have nothing against that, that is their thing but not mine nor my husbands so you can imagine all of our horror as we were coming home from a fun outdoor photo shoot for our Christmas picture and we round the corner to see this carnage greeting us back to our neighborhood.

I am sorry, I know my uncles, dad and brother all hunt but nothing can prepare a person for such a site...I almost threw up, I know, I know, I sound silly but just not something I was expecting. (My neighbor tells me this annual tradition)!


I am so very glad my hubby has no interest, I don't think I could stand a dead animal on my lawn...I know these people are eating them and it is probably a more humane way for animals to meet their end than the slaughter houses cows go threw but I don't have to see it from my front window...the nice packaged hamburger looks a lot better than a dead carcass on my neighbors lawn.

Sorry, I am really not against hunting although my ranting may sound like I am...I was just a little grossed out and surprised, that's all. (And Jayson a little too)!

5 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Time for me to get my PETA banner out and come pay your neighborhood a visit...

p.s. this is SO something that my brothers would do! Yuck.

Nancy Niederer said...

looks like Jay has a new item for his top ten skit list. i cannot believe the one hanging from the bball hoop- wow!

Melissa & J.D. said...

If Jayson is a little grossed out by it and he's a kid...the neighbors just might get told how gross of a scene that was to come upon (you know how honest kids are)...a little encouragement from mom might help too.
I hope you don't have to stare at all of that for too long.

Chris said...

I'm finding this post funny! They must have been proud because they certainly displayed them for everyone to see.

I can't eat the meat. Chris humors my dad and brothers but it's really not his thing. I cross my fingers every year they don't shoot anything...thankfully I don't think they are that good of hunters.

Becca's Blog said...

Holly, what an adorable picture of your boys!! Carson is so cute and Jayson is a handsome young man! Great photo!