Thursday, November 12, 2009

Calling all My Creative Friends!!


I am so blessed to be surrounded my some of the most creative friends and family....so I would love if you would share some of your family's fun during the Christmas Season (even if it is something you have heard about and don't do). I want to work real hard this year to make our Christmas a special kid oriented Christmas with all sorts of kid oriented traditions.

You see we can't go home to the Land of Milk and Honey for Christmas (location, location, location) and so it is up to me to start new traditions and fill the void for my 6 year old who seriously misses his grandparents and all the families and fun of being around that area during the season. It struck a cord with me the other night when he said that while he enjoyed our Christmas last year with just us, he really missed going to the Land of Milk and Honey....he really missed all the fun and family. So I have been thinking it over and I will work hard to fill the void throughout the month. So please, please write me all your fun family and friend oriented traditions or events or activities you and your family enjoys!

Here is what we did last year and hopefully we can improve:

  • 12 Days of Christmas for family.
  • Movie nights (only had time for a couple though)
  • Nativity with some friends (it was thrown together and rather last minute).
  • Gingerbread Housees
  • Had the missionaries with us on Christmas Day.
This year I want to schedule and fit it all in. The way my life is running I want to sit down now and start penciling it all in. Now that we are more established I feel like we can include others but mostly from other religions.

SOoooo.....IDEAS PLEASE!!!!

2 comments:

Nancy Niederer said...

maybe you could find a good sledding hill, and hope for snow. We went sledding every Christmas Eve morning, (except for a few years that were snowless). hot chocolate afterward. I like your new blog background by the way.

Kim said...

I have no ideas!!! I'm a fan of community events.

Appetizers on Christmas eve with the Nativity.

When you live far away your friends become your family:)