Above is Jayson's horse (yes, it is the arm of our love seat!)
OK so many of you who know me know that I take absolute pride in how my boys dress and that they look clean, cute and ready first thing in the morning. Well I believe I have met my match...Jayson has just informed us while on vacation in Hamer that he is going to be a "Bulllll Riderrrr." To which I replied, jokingly at first, "Over my dead body!" Since then he has become a little rascal getting himself dressed without me seeing so that he can wear the two cowboy shirts, one given to him from his "cowboy friends" and one I bought for the purposes of a parade costume, and gap jeans on along with his borrowed cowboy boots that Uncle Jake had as a kid. (Judging from the great condition of 1980's boots I am certain that Uncle Jake never wanted to be a cowboy). To my dismay as things have progressed that is all he wants to wear and if the shirts are dirty and I some how sneak them out to the laundry a very mad Jayson seeks them out, wet, dirty, smelly, fresh out of the dryer...whatever state they are in in the morning the cowboy shirt must be worn. Instead of fresh out of the tub and into his nice shorts and t-shirts, that match, and comfortable yet stylish sandals or crocs, it is right out of PJ's into those cowboy clothes and I can't change that stubborn mind at all. :(
Jay keeps telling me it is a fade with him and that all kids go through these things BUT every day as I deal with my cowboy... I worry in the back of my head. I don't want a Bull Rider in the family. I do enjoy rodeos especially the bulls but I see these poor cowboys beating themselves up day after day... this is something I do NOT want to encourage. However, at least I can still get him in his very stylish Gap jeans so there is some hope and I do take comfort that Ralph Lauren is a very stylish Cowboy!
Jay keeps telling me it is a fade with him and that all kids go through these things BUT every day as I deal with my cowboy... I worry in the back of my head. I don't want a Bull Rider in the family. I do enjoy rodeos especially the bulls but I see these poor cowboys beating themselves up day after day... this is something I do NOT want to encourage. However, at least I can still get him in his very stylish Gap jeans so there is some hope and I do take comfort that Ralph Lauren is a very stylish Cowboy!
Uncle Jake's Cowboy boots and Gap Jeans and Jayson's "Cowboy Shirt."







1 comments:
Thanks for leaving comments. It is fun to hear from you. I probably hear more from you in Nebraska than I did here. Why is that? We lived so close, it was a blessing. Now that you are gone, we miss you.
We are having a good time. When I took Eden to school today, I had to choke back some tears. How silly is that?
What a cute little cowboy. I don't know what I would do if my girls wanted to be cowgirls. (Jayson is a cute little cowboy! :))
Good luck with housebuilding!
Post a Comment