Thanks to my wonderful and sweet husband I finally have photos for you all!!! Forgive me for over doing it on pictures but is has been a while and I am so excited to share all that we have been doing I am going to start with the Mt Rushmore Vacation! Yes we braved the heat, the crowds and even rolled our eyes at yet another 10 cent increase in gas the day we were leaving O'Neill, all in search of a once in a life time patriotic display for our independence day 2008!
Wall Drug!! We saw signs for miles about the "best FREE Water around." Plus we had Granny's rave reviews for this place so we just had to stop. Although the donuts she talked up were a huge disappointment it was a fun place and would recommend it to anyone.
Jayson driving the wagon at Wall Drug.
This was our wonderful table and meal at the Creekside Mexican Bar and Grill! It never occurred to us to bring our own chairs so it was this or the curb. We were so lucky to have stumbled onto this great spot!
My photography skills could never capture the beautiful display but this gives you an idea what great seats we had!
This was the Roo Ranch out of Deadwood. We loved it and all of us got to pet a Kangaroo! Jayson even got to hold a baby Kangaroo, he loved it.
This is Bear Country USA and where we got to see a ton of bears, mountain goats, and even a white buffalo. Worth every penny!

This is a picture of a bear...Yes I am holding the camera outside of the Yukon sunroof, they told us that people had been attacked before and to not roll your windows down. HOWEVER no one said anything about the sunroof!

These are pictures of the boys on ponies at McDonald's farm. A favorite of Jayson's.


We loved Mt. Rushmore! I am a very huge fan of our country, our soldiers, and our freedoms. I am forever indebted to those like my Grandpa Niederer, his brothers and my Uncle Lew for their selfless service for the benefit of my freedoms! It was an amazing patriotic display to watch the fireworks with soldiers and their families all over. It was also a wonderful teaching opportunity to teach Jayson that "Freedom Isn't Free."
I am at my photo limit for this posting so I will add our last stop at the Flinestone Park later.






3 comments:
That sounds so neat. Wish we could come in your suitcases. Then we wouldn't have to pay for gas!
Miss you :)
how super fun!!! You guys got to see and do a lot of neat things!!
Hey! Its everyones favorite sister-in-law, wife of brother-in-law and Aunt! I had no idea there was a Flinstone Park. The picture of Jay with Wilma and Betty was too funny! My kids ask to watch "the Jayson movie" on the computer all the time now. Its cute. Looked like a great trip. Brock and Peyton were in the parade, but Peyton got the trophy. I am so offended! Haha!
Post a Comment