Monday, February 15, 2010

First Hair Cut!

Why did it tug on my heart-strings when we cut Mr. C's hair today??? He needed it badly and I held off as long as I could. I used the excuse which was part true that if I cut it he will look bald since his hair is so blond and fine. He wanted one so bad too though. When I would ask if he wanted to go get a hair cut he would get so excited and say "yeah!"
So when she started cutting those cute little blond curls I teared up and felt sad. Was it an end to "babyness" and now he looks all grown up?? Was it that I just loved his little wild hair??? I can't put my finger on it but when I was talking to hubby about it tonight he teared up too. We love our little boys, they are growing to fast! So here are the pictures of his first little hair cut!


Big brother went first and he was so excited to finally have his turn.

Not scared at all still very happy! He held pretty still for his age too!

He has that look like: "Auhhh! A guy could get used to this!"

The finished product. The wild curly sides are no longer... : (

4 comments:

Kim said...

WOW! He wanted a haircut! I so wish the same were true for my boys!

I love it...hopefully you'll be able to get used to it:)

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

Love it!

Carrie said...

he looks so old after a haircut. I can't believe this is his first one?? You haven't ever done it yourself? Little buddy gets one about every 6 weeks

mickelsenfamily said...

That's crazy you were able to hold off that long. Caleb had his first haircut at 3 months old! I love Mr. C's little doo. I can't believe how well he sat there. I'd take Caleb to a Salon if I knew he wouldn't scream.