For 3 days we fought a little "stink bug" determined to stay up and party until late late! Mr. C had long ago figured out how to climb out of his crib but never pushed the issue. However Saturday night he started in with getting out and trying to stay up and be with mom and dad. We would take him back and out he would come again. This repeated each night and at nap time as well for 3 days and we were all losing sleep and our patience was wearing really thin. Finally my husband said one night after a 3 and a half hour stand off..."what if you got out your sewing machine and sewed his PJ sleeper legs together so he could not lift them up to hoist himself out of the crib. BRILLIANT idea! Just brilliant! So that is what we did and below is the finished product! VICTORY!!! We are now getting sleep again! (sigh-sigh)
It just goes to show that desperate time DO call for desperate measures!
Wednesday, April 21, 2010
What would you do for a little sleep??
Posted by Holly at 9:57 PM
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)







10 comments:
When we have kids that are little stinkers I'm calling you for ideas how to solve the problem...that is brilliant!
Too funny, Carson looks wide awake and Jay looks like he is already asleep.
Didn't realize my son was logged in. So u get 2 comments.
That is hilarious! I definately dread bedtime and finding the perfect solution for sleep...it does get better when they are older, right???
Kimri
I am so glad you posted a picture! You and Jay are geniuses!!
That is hysterical! I should have done that for my son when he was that age! I'm gonna remember that for the next one.
Freakin' hilarious!!!! Does that work for husbands too?
Mine keeps crawling out of his crib.
p.s. gave you an award on my blog today. Stop by and view...
www.mrthompsonandme.blogspot.com
Love it - so funny! Great idea!
Oh my gosh...HILARIOUS!!! That is just great :)
That is so awesome Holly! You inspired me.... Brady keeps stripping off his sleeper everynight and I would always find him the next morning in his onesie. He kept trying to rip his diaper off too.... another story. So I thought maybe I should put the sleeper on inside out like you had said, and it worked like a charm!! Thanks so much! You are brilliant! :)
Post a Comment