Well it was that time of year, a big time of the year for the small town we live in. This town is a huge St Patty's Day fan with a 3 day weekend celebration. We actually participated in it more this year. (Although I was on standby to take any YW down to a Stake activity but no one wanted to go)! The Gap Cowboy and I went down to the Shamrock after it was painted to sneak a picture. We missed the painting of the shamrock since I had Young Woman. We got to watch the Dodge Ball Tourney which was quite fun to watch. We also went to the parade again this year, my first since last year I went to get a pedicure (next year I a might return to the pedicure instead of freezing on the sidelines)! Then we went to the children's carnival! It was a lot of fun and the boys were so hard to pull away.

The Shamrock!

Can anyone say Dodge Ball!?

The Gap Cowboy and his buddy, this is one of his school BBF!

My friend Brenda is from this town and shows her Irish spirit.
Locals have about every green apparel item you can think of to dress up in!

I found the leprechaun BUT that is not his pot of gold!

This is our local shriners in their go carts... hubby wants one!

Our Branch float! Those that helped did a great job!

The Blarney Stone Band...I was told they were already drunk,
I think one would have to be to do that! ; )

Mr. C loved the Kid's Carnival! He would not hold on with both hands while riding the horses...reminds me of someone every day!

The Gap Cowboy riding his trusty steed!

The petting zoo was such a fun section. Mr C. spent at least 45 minutes in there even though the sign said only 10! He just loved it and had to go back to each at least 5 times!

Mr. C by the "Moo."

Mr. C wanted to give the baseball game a whirl! He did a great job! He loves balls!
It is fun to be a part of a quaint town with different traditions that we get to participate in. The boys love this kind of stuff and as a parent it is fun to watch them enjoy this country life!
2 comments:
wow, looked cold! fun though, the shamrock looked much better with a paint touch up, glad you guys had fun. We'll have to time our trip better next year, i'd like to see that band.
What a fun thing! I see movies of these little towns & I think they look so fun. These pictures remind me of them:)
Kimri
Post a Comment