Thursday, January 12, 2012

The Good, The Bad and The Ugly of 2011...

Yes, it is a post, finally a post. Many times I have stopped by my sad and neglected blog. Thought about writing a post but then clicked on... The whole point of me starting a blog was to keep family and friends informed...actually, my chica Carrie started it for me, came up with the name, got it all going with a pic and a post. So I began. Then it became a journal for me, as I lived close to family and good friends, then as we moved to the Midwest it became a life-line for family and friends. Over the years my fan and friend base fell. However about every day a hopeful hit from Idaho Falls would always appear on my little tracker. I knew every day that was my father-in-law. As Facebook became the easier and less time consuming way to keep up with friends and family I fell behind on blog post...then would come the e-mail informing me of my over site to post something, anything of his "favorite boys in the whole world." And so I kept the cumbersome blog going. Then I realized as I have stopped by my little blog you can't journal on Facebook, you can't explain the journey, you can't really show the real you on Facebook. So here I am taking a look back at a good year but really tough year in my little family's life.

THE GOOD:

Deadwood South Dakota: Our first ever retreat as husband and wife since our first year of marriage: Hawaii and Las Vegas. Hubby and I had originally planned to wait a year before starting a family, however little Jayson had other plans as he arrived one month early and 15 days past our first anniversary. With his arrival it has been kids and career growth ever since. We had so much fun, even though I was PREGNANT! Yes, I was 7 months HUGE prego!! We just hanged out, shopped and ate at restaurants at our own pace without rushing with kids! Oops, I forgot to mention, I am a chip off the old block (my dad, not my mom) and I gambled. As usual hubby stood by, but never gambled once, and as usual I won enough to buy hubby, myself and two other friends breakfast! The kids went to Jake and Nancy's house and didn't even miss me!!! (Good job Nanc-and I guess Jake too)!




Baby Connor: This was the best of 2011!! Connor was our little surprise. After our fun surprise with Jayson, we had no idea we would have to work so hard to get another. There are 4 years between Jayson and Carson because I had to do infertility for Carson. So having gone through infertility we thought we would have to do that every time to have a baby from here on out. However, on a hot August afternoon I was cleaning and cooking for the Elders. I felt horrible the whole time. When Jay finally came home to help I told him I felt like I was going to throw up. He asked if I had the flu and I said I didn't know...fast forward to the next day I took a little pregnancy test that confirmed to my huge surprise that a third little baby was on the way. We were thrilled to find out that it was another little boy, especially me. Instead of having to run out and spend tons of money on all new stuff in pink I got to finally shop for the the baby items on my dream list. Finally I got my black wood crib and matching changing table/dresser, the warming and massage rocker and other fun things! Aside from my shopping fun we are all just head over heals excited to have a new baby in our family! As the days ticked by I was showing signs this little guy was bigger then had been originally thought. My OB of choice had been changed in the middle of my pregnancy and the new OB was preparing me for a large boy! Jayson and Carson both were little guys and the new ultra-sound tech was estimating at 4 weeks from my due date Connor was weigh in at 8lbish!!! I was scared! That was huge in my baby experience. It was not a mystery though this baby was big, my body was feeling it too. So on April 8th, a Friday, I reported to my doctor for a regular visit determined to pay him off to break my water, I had had it!!
No matter what I said, the money offer, and the sad pleading eyes that even worked on likes of my dad, he said it was too soon and he could not do that. With pride hurt, since I vowed to my husband I was going to get my way and he was going to start me, I left back home still very large and uncomfortable.
Same day, just that night, Jay was gone and the boys and I watched Netflix movies (Gone with the Wind-mom edited version). I went to bed and in the middle of the night woke up coughing off and on. A cough or two later and my water broke, the most humiliating thing I have gone through yet, drive to the hospital, get out of the car and into a wheel chair, undress into the gown and get into my hospital bed with water gushing with every contraction and sudden move. I felt so embarrassed!
However in the end I ended up with the SWEETEST little guy ever! He is sooooo happy and soooo adorable! We all can't get enough of his laugh, his smiles, his sweet spirit has blessed each of us. He melts my heart, as each of my sweet babies have, but this is Connor's moment to dazzle me with his charm and cuteness! He is the blessing Heavenly Father sent before such sadness and loss for my husband. Our little guy reminds hubby and I of his dear father so much. He is such an early bird and very punctual, he is a time clock and knows when it is food time, when it is sleep time, and his routine is his thing.
It has been so fun getting to know this sweet little guy! Best event in 2011 for our family!




Cabin Trip 2011: Another fun cabin trip! Most families spend their travel fund going on various family vacations however we focus our funds on getting to go to Idaho twice a year; around the holidays and for the cabin/4th July time. We love Island Park and we love West Yellowstone being so close. Each year we always try to mix it up and find something unique and fun...kind of off the beaten trail. We are lucky enough to add a former Island Park resident to our family, Pam's husband grew up in this area. He has given us an insiders view of some hidden gems. It was been fun each year to see where we go. So this year we went on a hike to some hidden falls. We even were brave enough to bring Connor along. A very scenic hike and lots of fun memories for all. This year we also added some camp fire fun, with "S'more Wars". We originally wanted to do a family version of cupcake wars but opted for a more camp fire friendly option. Jayson worked so hard and the poor kid couldn't even taste his because of his chocolate allergy. He was such a cute little chef!

Kaysha Mary Sparkles: I finally did it! Ever since I moved to our new location I have seen opportunity. Our new little town is small and secluded. I don't know if secluded is the right word, lets just say we just live in the "Boonies" or the middle of NOTHING! Since there is little of any shopping in town, online is our lifeblood and I have seen opportunity in so many areas. I have always wanted to start a business and I have been waiting for the perfect thing, the perfect time, the perfect everything. That finally came this summer. Hubby gave/loaned me some of his bonus money. With that money I created, Kaysha Mary Sparkles, an accessory business. I remember the night I created the Facebook page I thought to myself:"Here I go, I am really putting myself out there and I had better do it and do it right or I will never be creditable to my family and friends with my brilliant ideas again!" I was so nervous and worried that no one would buy anything and that no one would like my page. I really put myself out there. AND then after one month of hard work the Facebook page exploded....I could not believe it. I thought as I approached 90 fans if only I could reach 100 then I am doing good. Then before I knew it I had grown to 300+ fans and I had so many friends and family supporting me, I was overwhelmed! Then in November I did an open house and then after the open house was such a success I was invited to do holiday vendor tables.
KMS has surpassed all my expectations. What started out as a hobby and a challenge for myself, by myself has turned into a lot of fun. I love what I sell and get to reward myself with fun new stuff to uplift my wardrobe. In such a small town that is so not close to anything on a Friday night when I want to look special for a date with my hubby I have my own stock to shop and use as marketing! ;) It has been so fun to plan, find vendors and to design! I have designed some hats that have been my own "brainchild" that has been so popular ALL over the country. KMS has officially shipped items to Brooklyn, NY and all the way to the coast of CA!!
Aside from the personal and professional challenge, I have made some great new friends and I love the direction I am headed!
The bad and the ugly...
I have already written about this. We are on the upside of things and so I don't want to dwell. However our lives were surprised by the sudden passing of hubby's dear dad in July of this year. While we realize as life goes on our loved ones around us are moving on in years as well and we never thought everyone around us would always be around but we never saw life without anyone either. For my husband it was not just a loss of a parent but a dear friend. My husband is a family man, which I love. By the time I had met him I had dated many and I found him so refreshing! He is not one of those people that has to be surrounded by tons of friends, his family are his friends as well. His dad, as you can imagine was one of his closest. One day he was laughing and smiling in his front room as we visited the next day he was in the hospital then two days later he was gone. It was sudden and it has taken some time to get use to. In ten years of marriage I have gotten to build a relationship with him and love him in return, so along with my husband I have felt the loss as well.
For those that have not gone through such a loss you never know how you or your loved ones will handle it. It has had some special close to Heaven moments and then it has had its sorrow moments. Even Christmas had its voids and we are still all adjusting to such a pivotal member of the family no longer present in our lives like we are used to.
Sorry for such a long post. It has been a while. We have had so many wonderful things happen this last year. Along with the bitter there is always the sweet that helps the bitter fade... through our bitter, hard moments we have seen our great blessings. We have seen the Lords hand and as we look back we see His tender mercies as well. We are so thankful for each of you, our dear friends and family. As I look forward in this new year, I work to embrace change better in my life and see the adventure in change that I can't control. I look to surpass all my expectations and I look to be STRONG, confident, healthy and happy! My hope is along with my family, each of you will have the same!

2 comments:

Mr. Thompson and Me said...

I talk to you all the time but...

you need to post more often. Quick chats on FB are not enough. I miss you girl!

Unknown said...

2011 was an okay year, but you did have some great things happen...I like your post!